Post-Game Talk: Sharks felled by Canucks | 2-6 | Horvat (2), Pettersson, Mikheyev, Hughes, & Boeser

Wholl Win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
His style of skating puts significant strain on his ACLs and MCLs.

The injury you are talking about, his knee buckles with rather minimal contact.

His knee injury had nothing to do with his skating stride. He was getting horse-collared by Steve Smith and his leg buckled funny as he was falling backwards.

Then the surgery to fix his ACL failed and it had to be reconstructed a second time. By this point he had Bobby Orr-itis and his knee was a mess.

I mean, obviously being an incredibly muscular, powerful athlete puts more strain on your joints than if you skate like Kole Lind. But Bure's career was shortened by a blown ACL when hauled down and then a failed surgery.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Canucks will need Boeser to show up if they want any shot at digging themselves out of this hole and into the playoffs
There is or should be a deadline for possible playoffs.
This should be a twofold decision.
The TDL is the latest. IMO that deadline should already have passed.

If they want to know what to expect then look at last year or the year before or the year before or the .....

The Canucks will need superior defence and goaltending

Hey good for Bo, two more. Sure increases his value. Columbus must be chomping at the bit to have him for next year and 10 teams looking a the playoffs and a cup run.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
His knee injury had nothing to do with his skating stride. He was getting horse-collared by Steve Smith and his leg buckled funny as he was falling backwards.

Then the surgery to fix his ACL failed and it had to be reconstructed a second time. By this point he had Bobby Orr-itis and his knee was a mess.

I mean, obviously being an incredibly muscular, powerful athlete puts more strain on your joints than if you skate like Kole Lind. But Bure's career was shortened by a blown ACL when hauled down and then a failed surgery.
Thought it was common knowledge.

Nothing I will say will change your mind.

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I could be misremembering - but on that first play with Smith where Bure tore his ACL, didn't his toe catch a rut in the boards and tug his leg back?

I swear that's how that first torn ACL occurred.

EDIT:

Found it.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Love this town; EP gets 5 points, "quick sign him to a ten year extension at a trillion dollars a year!", Bo gets 4 points, "quick trade the bum while his value is high"...

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Love this town; EP gets 5 points, "quick sign him to a ten year extension at a trillion dollars a year!", Bo gets 4 points, "quick trade the bum while his value is high"...

Who is saying he's a bum exactly?

He's hitting the absolute pinnacle of his career in a contract season in which we cannot afford to pay him market price due to a combination of previous management's anchor contracts and poor decisions to extend Boeser/Miller by the new group. Without some aggressive and creative moves in the next few months, we're essentially railroaded into taking the absolute best trade package we can find. Simple as that.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Who is saying he's a bum exactly?

He's hitting the absolute pinnacle of his career in a contract season in which we cannot afford to pay him market price due to a combination of previous management's anchor contracts and poor decisions to extend Boeser/Miller by the new group. Without some aggressive and creative moves in the next few months, we're essentially railroaded into taking the absolute best trade package we can find. Simple as that.
There are more than a few posters here who have been critical of almost every move he makes, just follow a GDT someday. Some don't even like the way he scores his goals! What you're saying, without sufficient emphasis I might add, is that our CURRENT GM has screwed up royally by signing Miller forever thus making us unable to sign a younger, more reliable player who also is our friggin' CAPTAIN! This has very little to do with Benning, this is 100% on PA. Signing Miller could cripple this franchise for years and years...

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If Bo switched birthdates with EP then we’d all be screaming for the team to sign him and trading EP.

One guy will likely still be a top line player in 5 years, the other likely will not.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
There are more than a few posters here who have been critical of almost every move he makes, just follow a GDT someday. Some don't even like the way he scores his goals! What you're saying, without sufficient emphasis I might add, is that our CURRENT GM has screwed up royally by signing Miller forever thus making us unable to sign a younger, more reliable player who also is our friggin' CAPTAIN! This has very little to do with Benning, this is 100% on PA. Signing Miller could cripple this franchise for years and years...

It's not like we have more than 13 million tied between two horrible defense men, oh wait...

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
It's not like we have more than 13 million tied between two horrible defense men, oh wait...
Yes but it's not like PA could do much about those; instead he saddles the team with yet another insane contract that simultaneously renders Miller untradeable and makes it impossible to sign our captain who is playing out of his mind.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yes but it's not like PA could do much about those; instead he saddles the team with yet another insane contract that simultaneously renders Miller untradeable and makes it impossible to sign our captain who is playing out of his mind.

The point is, both Myers and OEL are purely JEB's responsibility, and both played big part in the team's current cap hell situation.

I sincerely hope that Moleman and Allvin have a plan, because so far they've shown f***-all.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

It wasn't just his leg buckling funny, it got caught in a rut between the boards and the ice. Was just gruesome to see.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Thought it was common knowledge.

Nothing I will say will change your mind.

I mean, it's pretty well documented that he hurt his knee while being horse-collared and that the surgery to repair his ACL failed, forcing a second reconstruction.

I don't see what any of this has to do with 'his skating stride caused his knee problems'. The vast majority of his problems can be tracked to one specific play that had absolutely nothing to do with his skating stride and the issues with the surgical procedure that followed.

I could be misremembering - but on that first play with Smith where Bure tore his ACL, didn't his toe catch a rut in the boards and tug his leg back?

I swear that's how that first torn ACL occurred.

EDIT:

Found it.

It wasn't just his leg buckling funny, it got caught in a rut between the boards and the ice. Was just gruesome to see.

That play was one of the 'end of my childhood' moments and I honestly don't want to watch it again. I just remember that douchebag Smith grabbing him from behind and his leg doing funny things.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Man I love this town :yo:

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
As someone who hated the Mikyehev signing, I'm definitely turning around on the player. Has looked very good lately, and showing more of that speed. I still feel he's a luxury, but one that will look good if we clear out some of the wingers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad