Sharks Fan Fest - September 12 with rookie games vs Ducks 9/12 and 9/13

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
The Tank is half full, and I couldn't tell if they played Muse or not... They kept the little drum bit at the end though.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I still don't get why this game isn't streamed. It's literally free for them to do so...

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Chartier=Pavelski 2.0

He looks good out there, really complete game. Donskoi looks really good too, high skill and knows where to be. I could see him being a dark horse to make the team as he seems a little more mature with a developed game in all 3 zones. Meier looks good, looks big out there. Goldobin was good, and seems to prefer playmaking, good passing except for one bad blind pass.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
McNally was I think. He look OK but the pp is really rough and the didn't get much zone time.

Top 4 D

Ryan = best of the bunch. Smooth skating, poised, mature, good decisions. Was on the 2nd PP unit.
Roy = faster than I was expecting. On 1st PP unit and did well overall.
McNally = was OK. Nothing spectacular. I expect him to start in the AHL.
Bergman = struggled. Was slow and couldn't compete to keep the puck in. His skating needs work.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I still don't get why this game isn't streamed. It's literally free for them to do so...

The NHL still has broadcast rights to rookie and pre-season games so I believe a team would need to buy the right to stream the game. That's why most of the rookie tournaments aren't broadcast and the ones that are streamed/aired are all in Canada through Rogers or by teams that know they have a guaranteed audience(Flames for example).

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
The NHL still has broadcast rights to rookie and pre-season games so I believe a team would need to buy the right to stream the game. That's why most of the rookie tournaments aren't broadcast and the ones that are streamed/aired are all in Canada through Rogers or by teams that know they have a guaranteed audience(Flames for example).

So you think the NHL is demanding top dollar to stream a rookie game they didn't organize?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So you think the NHL is demanding top dollar to stream a rookie game they didn't organize?

I have no idea but that's the answer my friend got when he asked a tournament organizer why the games weren't being streamed. Because they'd have to pay for it and get NHL permission.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad