GDT: Sharks Edition Free Agent Frenzy -or- Free Agent "Wait-5-hours-to-see-DW-sign-someone-we-don't-want"

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I'm predicting Kahun and Riemer. According to stats people Kahun has faced tough matchups while scoring at 5 on 5 like a low 2nd liner. Whoever plays 3rd line likely doesn't see PP time so the 5 on 5 will be necessary. Only predicting him because I think it'll be someone we haven't seen a lot of chatter about. Seems to be how it works out with DW and his son. Would love for the team to take a flyer on Tase too and hope he turns it around. Would have to be cheap though considering the risk.

Finding the next Anthony Duclair: 11 non-tendered NHL players worth targeting in free agency

"Over the last three seasons, he’s scored 1.88 points per hour at five-on-five, a legitimate second-line rate that ranks just outside the top-100 forwards in the NHL during that timeframe."

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Any predictions we do today? Who's the worst goon on the market? Or goalie who's struggled the last 2 years that Doug thinks will rebound behind our defense?

Seriously tho, I'm thinking like a Halak and Brassard.
Halak supposedly already has a destination...

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I'm predicting Kahun and Riemer. According to stats people Kahun has faced tough matchups while scoring at 5 on 5 like a low 2nd liner. Whoever plays 3rd line likely doesn't see PP time so the 5 on 5 will be necessary. Only predicting him because I think it'll be someone we haven't seen a lot of chatter about. Seems to be how it works out with DW and his son. Would love for the team to take a flyer on Tase too and hope he turns it around. Would have to be cheap though considering the risk.

Finding the next Anthony Duclair: 11 non-tendered NHL players worth targeting in free agency

"Over the last three seasons, he’s scored 1.88 points per hour at five-on-five, a legitimate second-line rate that ranks just outside the top-100 forwards in the NHL during that timeframe."
He doesn't fit the quality veteran mold that DW has mentioned a lot the past week. Would be shocked if he's brought in honestly. Bonino, Haula, and Bozak would be the guesses for the 3C role.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
He doesn't fit the quality veteran mold that DW has mentioned a lot the past week. Would be shocked if he's brought in honestly. Bonino, Haula, and Bozak would be the guesses for the 3C role.
I don't disagree, just wanted to try and make an out of the box prediction.:laugh: Based on those choices I hope it's Bonino but it's probably Bozak.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Talking heads that yap.. Sounds like a common theme around many subjects. Let me down DW, make sure the team just misses the playoffs and picks at around 12th in the first round.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I don't disagree, just wanted to try and make an out of the box prediction.:laugh: Based on those choices I hope it's Bonino but it's probably Bozak.
Bozak supposedly has a 1 year offer from STL sitting out there so I am hoping he is inclined to stay there for a year rather than change teams. It also seems like with the Cogliano targeting that the org is going about this from an analytical standpoint rather than just picking up a bruiser for the sake of culture. Hoping with Cogliano being teammates with Bonino back in the Anaheim days helps to conjure up something and brings him to SJ at long last after being dealt a decade ago.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad