GDT: Sharks @ Ducks 7:00 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I can't believe the amount of people that actually believe Jackman was faking it. Oh you don't fall that way..herr derr. I would be willing to see how they fall. Line em up.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I can't believe the amount of people that actually believe Jackman was faking it. Oh you don't fall that way..herr derr. I would be willing to see how they fall. Line em up.

They are just trolling. With almost every topic similar to that there are always people taking opposite side, despite incident being crystal clear. If they are not trolling, well lets just say that they will not get a Mensa invitation.

The video with the suspension explanation shows it very well in real speed and slow motion from different angles.
[NHL]709170[/NHL]

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
It's pretty refreshing to see that video be so rational, after coming out of the main board thread. I haven't watched the replay since the game, until now (I generally don't like to pour over replays, and slow motion video, it tends to warp what a rational reaction should be), and I can't believe how some people are claiming he didn't see Jackman behind him before he threw the punch. He's obviously in Scott's peripheral vision when he throws the punch. But some people might think Scott is blind in his right eye, I guess.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It's pretty refreshing to see that video be so rational, after coming out of the main board thread. I haven't watched the replay since the game, until now (I generally don't like to pour over replays, and slow motion video, it tends to warp what a rational reaction should be), and I can't believe how some people are claiming he didn't see Jackman behind him before he threw the punch. He's obviously in Scott's peripheral vision when he throws the punch. But some people might think Scott is blind in his right eye, I guess.

The most damning thing about the up - ice shot is that the entire play takes place squarely within the ref's vision.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I'm really surprised at the length of the suspension, especially considering that they classify it as a punch and not an attack with the stick.

They pretty much took the opposite of all the things I thought they would have considered. They did use repeat offender, they did not consider the stick. They did non consider it malicious, but it was docked for severity. It looks like the main reasons for the length are the injury and repeat offender status.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's actually pretty par for the course. They don't give a damn about dissuading players from cheating or playing recklessly, they just want to make sure that after they injure a few players that they make sure to tell them to not actually injure anyone else again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad