GDT: Sharks @ Ducks 7:00 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
That Fowler goal was absolutely filthy. Awesome pass and even better finish. That Karlsson goal was not filthy, what was Andersen up to on that play?

I was pretty pleased with our performance. BB still needs to get his head out of his ass and give Lindholm proper ice time and not pair him with Mark ****ing Fistric, hopefully now that Beauchemin is due back both of those things will happen. Other than that I don't have a lot of complaints about how we played given how red hot SJ is. I loved the Stoner fight.

he said something to both fowler and lindholm.

they both were way more active in the offensive zone tonight. that one shift where we had two d men at the dots and two forwards covering was a little iffy to me. but i like the activity.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
John Scott's butt-end wasn't dirty or intentional because he could have just beat up Jackman in a fight if he felt like it.

I loveeeee it

Some of the Sharks fans in that thread take disgusting to a whole new level. One is okay with what happened because of the last game between the teams.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Some of the Sharks fans in that thread take disgusting to a whole new level. One is okay with what happened because of the last game between the teams.

Just imagine if Scott had done that to one of the NHL's golden boys like Crosby or Toews. Scott would probably be a greeter at Wal-Mart already :laugh:

prettymutch

Apr 11, 2011
San Jose
I liked the Ducks' game last night. It was a good watch, and I'm glad Getzlaf is heating up. He was brutal to watch just a few weeks ago.

Sharks fans are unbelievable here. Try living with 'em :help:

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I couldn't care less if he's punished. I just want Jackman to be okay. Hopefully he just needs to rest a couple days over Christmas. Although, I'm sure Sharks fans would love to claim that he faked it, if he came back and plays on Saturday.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
he'll prob get 1-2 games max which blows. i think he should get at least 4

Since he's a multiple repeat offender, ( 7 games early last season, as well as 2 for leaving bench to fight{ Jackman no less}, ) all within the last 18 months, he should've been given an in-person hearing, and sat 8-10 games. Guess the NHL DoPS doesn't want to deal with the arbitrators that come with a 6+ games suspension.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Since he's a multiple repeat offender, ( 7 games early last season, as well as 2 for leaving bench to fight{ Jackman no less}, ) all within the last 18 months, he should've been given an in-person hearing, and sat 8-10 games. Guess the NHL DoPS doesn't want to deal with the arbitrators that come with a 6+ games suspension.

If it was any other player on the ice for the Sharks, they could easily justify 1-2 games.

Scott targeted a player who had just thrown a big hit against one of his players and a guy he has already been suspended this year for engaging illegally.

He's also a repeat offender. He should be looking at 20+ given the incident, the severity of Jackman's injury, the fact that he hit someone he appears to be targetting, and his history.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Scott is a goon who has no hockey skills but 20+ is ridiculous. I'm all for cracking down on his types (especially the repeat offenders) but what he did shouldn't be put on par with the Simon, Bertuzzi or McSorely incidents.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
He's not really a repeat offender for that type of thing. His earlier suspensions are for leaving the bench to fight and for a hit to the head (was hits to the head the point of emphasis that season? It keeps going on and off the point of emphasis, I have no idea). His 7 game suspension for the hit to the head might have been extra long if it was a point of emphasis. So in that sense he shouldn't get a big suspension. In terms of force, he doesn't actually swing that hard, it's more a direct hit in a bad spot kind of thing.

For the other side, it isn't really defensible as any kind of hockey play. What more benign thing can you call it? "I meant to hit him, but in the chest?" It's still akin to a sucker punch, where you're punching someone without the expectation. It sets a precedent of using a piece of equipment as a weapon, even if the butt-end was not the point of contact. You are expected to drop your stick when you get in a scrap.

All in all, I would give a like 4-5 game suspension. I just can't get around the weapon thing. I expect 2 from the league though.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
All in all, I would give a like 4-5 game suspension. I just can't get around the weapon thing. I expect 2 from the league though.

I'd be happy with 5 games. I'm hoping he gets about that - 5 games is the max for a phone hearing right?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Scott is a goon who has no hockey skills but 20+ is ridiculous. I'm all for cracking down on his types (especially the repeat offenders) but what he did shouldn't be put on par with the Simon, Bertuzzi or McSorely incidents.

A sucker punch with a weapon? Absolutely it should. This isn't a hockey play, this is assault. His action was completely unnecessary for what Jackman did, he wasn't doing anything other than (lightly) clearing a player away from the net. It should have been 10+ IMO because he's a repeat offender - I don't care if they've been different types of infractions, three times in about a year suggests that he needs a Cooke style wake up call that he's going to be jettisoned from the league if he can't follow the rules. Since they decided they didn't want to deal with the appeal process, it better be the 5 max you can get for a phone hearing.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
A sucker punch with a weapon? Absolutely it should. This isn't a hockey play, this is assault. His action was completely unnecessary for what Jackman did, he wasn't doing anything other than (lightly) clearing a player away from the net. It should have been 10+ IMO because he's a repeat offender - I don't care if they've been different types of infractions, three times in about a year suggests that he needs a Cooke style wake up call that he's going to be jettisoned from the league if he can't follow the rules. Since they decided they didn't want to deal with the appeal process, it better be the 5 max you can get for a phone hearing.

Was there a clear view of the butt end hitting Jackman? Not saying it didn't happen but I didn't see it.

I still don't think it needs to be thrown among the worst of all time category. Which is what 20+ games essentially is.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Was there a clear view of the butt end hitting Jackman? Not saying it didn't happen but I didn't see it.

I still don't think it needs to be thrown among the worst of all time category. Which is what 20+ games essentially is.

It isn't amongst league worst, but it should be seen in that same category of assault that we never want to see again in hockey. It should easily be in the same category as what Thornton got and get 10.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Jackman isn't a scorer/star. We're not a big media team, so there hasn't been a big media outrage about the incident.

BB doesn't seem to be characterizing this as an attack, saying "It looked like Scott thought he was coming after him and he went up to protect himself."

Punishment will be pretty light.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA

One of these days, the league has to send him a message with a 20+ game suspension that **** like this won't be tolerated. Obviously it won't happen in this case. I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later, I could see him ending someone's career if he's allowed to keep doing this and getting a slap on the wrist each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad