GDT: Sharks @ Devils 12:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Every single poster on here has a list of like three players that they absolutely can't wait to **** all over when they screw up.

I don't get this need to **** on your own team, but here we are and we are all doing it at some point or another.

I mean I know I'm one of the ones that is probably guilty of this, but I really don't try to be pessimistic and I certainly don't root against them. Yes I probably hate Moore/Lovejoy more than the average Devils fan (but I lead advanced stats over eye-test so it makes sense). But for every Moore/Lovejoy, there are guys like Severson/Zacha/Hall/Auvitu who I think are better than most Devils fans give them credit for.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I most certainly do not hate him. I love Sevs. Most of his defensive flaws can be fixed with time.

Keith Yandle's a damn good defenseman.

Yea my bad, I misread your initial post and was uncharacteristically aggressive. Probably because we just lost. I thought you said Severson wasn't turning out into what we were hoping for as a 2nd round pick.

I do think his ceiling is higher than Yandle. I think he might honestly be better now. If he just lowers the occasional turnover, his defensive game really isn't bad at all. It's better than most if not all on this team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean I know I'm one of the ones that is probably guilty of this, but I really don't try to be pessimistic and I certainly don't root against them. Yes I probably hate Moore/Lovejoy more than the average Devils fan (but I lead advanced stats over eye-test so it makes sense). But for every Moore/Lovejoy, there are guys like Severson/Zacha/Hall/Auvitu who I think are better than most Devils fans give them credit for.

I don't even think you need to be a follower of advanced stats to recognize how bad Lovejoy and Moore are. The eye test backs that up for me. When we're at home, I have to tilt my head to the left more than not, because that's the side of the TV screen/side of the ice that we defend in the 1st and 3rd period. Which is basically Lovejoy's office

I think we could use Auvitu now, because he can move the puck and generates scoring chances. Something that we struggle with too much on a nightly basis. Especially in a game like this, where we were down by 2 and still got outshot by quite a few in the 3rd period.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Every single poster on here has a list of like three players that they absolutely can't wait to **** all over when they screw up.

I don't get this need to **** on your own team, but here we are and we are all doing it at some point or another.

My list

1. Colin White

2. Bryce Salvador

3. Damon Severson

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We should try Hall with JJ and Kalinin. They're both strong possession players and could really get going with a guy like Hall.

2dySlMK.gif

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think I'm pretty fair though. I don't really go off on the players (or coaches) that are good.

I think the last Devils player that was good, that I couldn't stand and took shots at whenever I could was Steve Thomas. Which was like almost 20 years ago at this point.

That's not including guys who were once good, but became shells of themselves here. Like Pandolfo, White (I never thought White was very good though), Salvador, Zubrus, etc.

Dude you are Hate's posterchild. You may be right and you may be fair, but you are unrelenting and you are like Shark's teeth.

As soon as we jettison a Zubrus, you've got a Kalinin to take his hate.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

My list is Shero, ownership, Moore, and Lovejoy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We should try Hall with JJ and Kalinin. They're both strong possession players and could really get going with a guy like Hall.

2dySlMK.gif
I know you're only kidding but Kalinin is not a good possession player, whereas as JJ is. I just don't want someone to read this and think Kalinin really is good. Who knows, you might have Hynes getting on here and reading it and believing that. Even though he already does.
Dude you are Hate's posterchild. You may be right and you may be fair, but you are unrelenting and you are like Shark's teeth.

As soon as we jettison a Zubrus, you've got a Kalinin to take his hate.

True

But at least the players I trash are not good.

I guess I'm supposed to compliment the trash players whenever they do something good though. Because Mike Sislo never did anything good either, I guess. Which was something that was suggested to me yesterday, not by you. Complimenting Kalinin for doing something positive is like complimenting Carter Hutton for that shutout he got last week and his 3 on the season. Doesn't change the fact that Hutton is still trash.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quincey, DSP, and Hynes for me.

I don't even hate Quincey all that much. If he was signed past this season, I'd probably really be angry though. He's just a #6 defensemen and he's pretty much used as a #5. Lovejoy is a #6 that's used as a top 3 this season and a top 2 for the last handful of games. Greene and Severson need to be reunited.

DSP this year might be even worse than Kalinin, but I couldn't stand Kalinin long before it was cool to hate him. I've been unimpressed with him since preseason of 2015, while others thought he had upside then. He's the most unskilled (non-goon) forward we've had with a full time roster spot since Rod Pelley, who was really beyond terrible. I was calling him Pikalinin back in October 2015 and I still don't even think that Ilkka Pikkarainen is much worse, if any worse than Kalinin. And the fact that he got 8 goals all of last season was almost as fluky as DSP's 8 goals in 16 games.

They'll probably give DSP another chance next year, but there's no reason to bring Kalinin back. I'd let both walk though. The options in Albany really aren't any worse.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I know you're only kidding but Kalinin is not a good possession player, whereas as JJ is. I just don't want someone to read this and think Kalinin really is good. Who knows, you might have Hynes getting on here and reading it and believing that. Even though he already does.

True

But at least the players I trash are not good.

I guess I'm supposed to compliment the trash players whenever they do something good though. Because Mike Sislo never did anything good either, I guess. Which was something that was suggested to me yesterday, not by you. Complimenting Kalinin for doing something positive is like complimenting Carter Hutton for that shutout he got last week and his 3 on the season. Doesn't change the fact that Hutton is still trash.

Yeah - I think you are pretty just... I've always taken the path that players like Gionta/Kalinin/ etc are 'not good' through no fault of their own - and the person who should be trashed is the one that signs him or plays him...

I'd always much rather see a Gionta out there busting his arse with less talent than a DSP floating around doing nothing - and I think you and I differ on that - as you take a player's talent more into account.

I hate on the heralded, wasted talent under-achieving of the world - not the poor saps who just can't do any better.

I'd rather give Bennett crap for having the skating, the hands, and decent size - but not living up to potential than a schlunk like Kalinin who has never aspired above shlunk-status.

I'm not sure I hate any of these guys. I give Zajac, (in previous years- this year he's been fantastic), Schneider Bennett and Severson the most garbage but I think only because others think the sun shines out of their kiester 24/7.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Moore
Quincey
Josefson

I don't even hate Josefson that much right now, I'm not sure if it's because he's scored some points lately (which is bound to end soon enough) or if it's because I'm sick of Kalinin and DSP and had to suffer through a few weeks of Gazdic not too long ago, that he doesn't seem so bad right now.

He's probably one of the least crappy of the many junk and crappy forwards we've got. Still don't think I want him back next year, unless it permanently on the 4th line. Knowing Hynes, it will either be in a role where he's strictly a healthy scratch or a 3rd line center for the many games that he is in. And we will continue being one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, for as long as guys like Josefson, Kalinin, DSP, and maybe even a few other who we haven't tried out yet (Pietila and maybe Noesen, though it's still to early to say for Noesen) or who have yet to be given the ridiculously long rope, are playing in the top 9.

As far as Quincey goes, I don't even hate him that much. This is probably his last year in the league. He's not very good anymore, but at least our staff actually recognizes that he isn't very good and they don't play him in roles that are significantly out of his range of capability, unlike they do with Lovejoy and some of the crappy forwards I just mentioned. They were playing him for a while on the power play point there, when the PP was bombing something fierce and Moore had just gotten injured. He's a #6 that's been used as number #5. Unlike Moore and Lovejoy, who are #6's used as #2's (Lovejoy) and #4's like Moore. And the staff has already made him a healthy scratch a few times this season, so he doesn't have Carte Blanche to **** up constantly for nothing.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Yea my hate list is:

Moore
Lovejoy
Hynes
and the occasional Henrique

Love List:
Zacha
Severson
Auvitu
Bennett

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea my hate list is:

Moore
Lovejoy
Hynes
and the occasional Henrique

Love List:
Zacha
Severson
Auvitu
Bennett

I don't have much of a problem with Henrique, since I just don't think Henrique is as good as many others seem to think he is. A lot of people have accused him of coasting and ''No-showing'' a lot of games over the last few years, when in reality, I just don't think he's as good as many people's expectations are of him. When he has a 5 or 6 game goal drought, the pitchforks start to come out from all different directions. Despite the fact that his career shooting percentage in the NHL is 15.6% which is higher than most of the league's best goal scorers. Even in his 16 goal season, he still shot at well over 12%. :laugh:

That's why I'm also hesitant to give him a big contract when he's a UFA in 2 years. I'm afraid that he won't keep up that pace when he gets to be in his 30's, even though he's been doing it for 5 years now. He's on a very good contract right now and has been an absolute bargain at $4 million per for 6 years. This contract that Lou signed him to has been a total steal. Though with all these goals he's scored over the years, I'm thinking he's gonna be due a significant raise and his next contract probably won't be a bargain at all. It might be an albatross. So taking that into consideration, I'd be open to trading him for a good return in a year or maybe at the 2018 draft.

I do feel like Henrique has coasted and half-assed it a few times this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad