Post-Game Talk: Sharks defeat Canucks 4-1 [Santorelli]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It is what it is. They're simply the better team right now and missing a key player and another Top 9 forward isn't helping. Not to mention that the team is still clearly trying to figure out the system on a consistent basis. In games like this, where time and space is at a premium, those split-seconds start to make a difference.

It's unfortunate all our games against them are this early in the year as IMO we can expect the Canucks to improve through the next 3-4 months as Torts' system becomes second nature.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Some people need to relax. It's 5 games into the season, a lot of players aren't playing at the top of their game yet (Kesler, Hamhuis) and we have three top 9 forwards out of the lineup.

Yes, San Jose is off to a hot start, but they wont go 82-0 this season. They'll likely struggle at some point this season, like every team does.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
77 games to go. Plenty of time for the Canucks to improve and prove themselves. Especially Kesler.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unlucky to play a team twice in the first 5 games when they're absolutely steaming hot. And had our number to begin with.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am not mad at all, sharks are just that good.

They have our number, it's that simple.

beat the habs, go 4-2, and all is good

May 31, 2006
"It's still early in the season blah blah blah blah blah"

The Canucks just aren't a good team like the Sharks are. I'm worried for when they play superior teams more often. This will be a long season.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
We should have had this one. Sharks were beatable. Yeah they still played well, but if we were on our game we could have won this one.

This team really needs Kesler to get going.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Is it just me, or did Hertl run into Edler? :sarcasm:

That will not be a suspension.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Completely outclassed. Heartless play. Only Santorelli showed up.
It'll be nice to get Kassian back but he isn't gonna make a world of difference unfortunately.

I said this in the GDT and I'll say it again, the team looks completely static. There's no flow to their game, no anticipation, they're waiting for the puck and not skating. It's a new system, I get that, but at the same time, the hockey IQ was super low.

Good luck Torts, it's gonna be an interesting season.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
The ironic thing is that the Canucks best period was probably the first yet they ended it down by two goals. Sharks are the better team but you have to give credit to Neimi as well, made more than a few difficult saves in the first and then the Sharks really locked it down.

Again, full credit to the Sharks, they were excellent tonight.

Canuck are still not looking like they're playing on instinct yet so I'm not too concerned. In fact, the only thing that worried me a bit tonight, was just how ineffective Kesler has been in the first five games.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
Sharks have our number. Nothing more.

just gonna have to get used to it

which shouldn't be too hard since i'm pretty sure they've owned us for the past decade not including the two president's trophy years

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
This team's C depth issues are compounded by a team like the Sharks, who have many good Cs. Not only is the advantage exploited on draws, but with being able to pull more out of the team's wingers. Centre depth is the biggest issue in this match up. Kesler playing poorly only sinks the team further in this regard.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
I really hope Edler doesn't get suspended. I have a bad feeling about it .

Damn, If only Booth had a brain.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
"It's still early in the season blah blah blah blah blah"

The Canucks just aren't a good team like the Sharks are. I'm worried for when they play superior teams more often. This will be a long season.

And yet the Sharks have won against the likes of the Coyotes and Rangers (who got thrashed again tonight), and the praises around here are non-stop. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad