Post-Game Talk: Sharks def. Canucks - 4-3 | Jaws: The Revenge (Only we didn’t get a sweet vacation house)

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Cole played 2nd pairing minutes in Tampa last year but with better d than than Jullson, Myers, and Freidman. While Myers had been better of late he was not last night. I think the idea of adding a righthanded d man has been on the radar for some time now and this last stretch has only added to the strength of that argument. Coming down to earth folks, this team was not even on the playoff radar at the season's start. A playoff appearance with the current bottom 3 Friedman, Juulson and Myers would only prove the other 3 are the most fantastic at their positions in the history of the sport. Oh and by the way all of those have looked foolish at times this season as well.
God I hope they have learned to spend their money once. I liked Bear BUT he isn't enough for what his contract will do to the cap.

The team doesn't need another "tweener" they need a playoff defenceman for the future. Myers and Cole could be gone next year and where does that leave the defence? Even if they sign Bear that makes 3 dmen under 6'. Hughes and Hronek's giveaway numbers are not positive, in fact they are pretty bad with more give aways than take aways. Myers is better.

Juulsen should be looked at as a prospect even though he is older, Freidman is a journeyman AHL defenceman.

Reactions: larueskee

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, except that in the end when Petey and Hronek get paid the balance remaining from that $10 mill is going to be like $3 mill. $11.8 mill for Petey and Hronek so his next deal likely is that much just for him. Hronek let’s say it’s $7 mill. That’s how I get to $3 mill left.

Need to do more than simply let those 2 contracts expire when it comes to cap space.
Yeah, thats precisely where a lot of that $ is going..Hronek and Pettersson...Not going to be much left over (probably 2/3 of the teams in the league are in the boat).

At least we've rid ourselves of the two most innefficient contracts on the team.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Not to mention took a clapper to the mouth..

He's the best winger on the team he should be in the lineup. One game scratch is excessive but two is some weird hoglander type soft euro bias or something.

It's just dumb as hell and not the lineup best suited for winning games.
Like imagine scratching stutzle or kaprizov or two games when you're trying to win, because they didn't have the tightest selke level zone coverage or something. Cmon rick.
I disagree. He’s the most talented winger but floats around and has no urgency to his game. Better to send that msg now. He’s been listless all season save for a couple games.

Reactions: m9

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Years and years of watching scrubs play with good players on this team and not scoring. PDG is on a line with the top goal scorer and Miller and isn’t putting up points. Brock is a sniper.
I get what he’s saying. I think positionally Brock is five stars. He’s often in the right spot to score goals and doesn’t need to snipe it. He could honestly have about 5 more though, if he could get his shot accuracy back. He’s missed or flubbed a lot of grade A chances that he could have sniped in his rookie year. Like missing the entire net misses, not just a bit off.

PDG just isn’t in position to score any goals whatsoever.

Reactions: kanucks25

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, thats precisely where a lot of that $ is going..Hronek and Pettersson...Not going to be much left over (probably 2/3 of the teams in the league are in the boat).

At least we've rid ourselves of the two most innefficient contracts on the team.
That $3 mill plus say $2 mill or so from the cap I creae less rhe OEL Buyout increase leaves them around $5 mill. But looking at the cap friendly ufa list it’s not a great list for Dmen in the summer.
Still need Garland to show well enough not to be a dump contract. Take back a $3 mill contract to free up $2 mill and either buyout that contract or try to flip that deal.
But definitely work for PA to do in the offseason to make cap room.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
it doesn't let up for the next 3 weeks. Minimum 3 games per week with 2 back to backs
Big difference is 7 of the next 8 are at home with one short trip to Calgary and two days rest after that one. And I don’t see two back to backs….just one. Am I missing something?

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
it doesn't let up for the next 3 weeks. Minimum 3 games per week with 2 back to backs
In the next 17 days they have 8 games, 7 at home and one in Calgary. I’d say that’s a better patch. Then they have a traditional 4 gamer through the midwest. They got yo-yoed back and forth pretty good over the previous 17 days. back east, then home for one, off to Calgary, back on the road etc.

It was a tough patch. We will all know if they are a playoff team by Christmas. People like to refer to the easy schedule bit i’m curious if they factor in all the travel.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
In the next 17 days they have 8 games, 7 at home and one in Calgary. I’d say that’s a better patch. Then they have a traditional 4 gamer through the midwest. They got yo-yoed back and forth pretty good over the previous 17 days. back east, then home for one, off to Calgary, back on the road etc.

It was a tough patch. We will all know if they are a playoff team by Christmas. People like to refer to the easy schedule bit i’m curious if they factor in all the travel.
If you have played a lot of games and have a lead on the standings then you did your job. Feels like it’s just 2 games in Nov so far that there isn’t going to be a flight for the team before the game.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Kudos to pretty much everyone on the ice getting into it when Benning cheap shotted Pettersson. Lafferty and Friedman lead the charge, but Mikheyev and Myers were in there too.

Flush this game down the toilet. Be like a goldfish and move on to the next one.

How dare a skinny 170 pound star lay a clean hit on our player. Benning’s an idiot, beauty check by Petey, great reaction from the team on the cheap shot.

Team just expected a win against the awful sharks without putting in the effort, lesson learned on to the next one.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Mildly frustrated that Kuzy didn’t play and we lost 4-3 to San Jose, unless something else it going on he should have been in that game.

I don care what point you are trying to make, games against lesser opponents are must win games where you ice the best roster you can

Reactions: ChilliBilly

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I get what he’s saying. I think positionally Brock is five stars. He’s often in the right spot to score goals and doesn’t need to snipe it. He could honestly have about 5 more though, if he could get his shot accuracy back. He’s missed or flubbed a lot of grade A chances that he could have sniped in his rookie year. Like missing the entire net misses, not just a bit off.

PDG just isn’t in position to score any goals whatsoever.
I get it as well, but his shooting percentage would be astronomical if he scored on all those, in a way that’s never happened before, because no one has ever achieved it.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
God I hope they have learned to spend their money once. I liked Bear BUT he isn't enough for what his contract will do to the cap.

The team doesn't need another "tweener" they need a playoff defenceman for the future. Myers and Cole could be gone next year and where does that leave the defence? Even if they sign Bear that makes 3 dmen under 6'. Hughes and Hronek's giveaway numbers are not positive, in fact they are pretty bad with more give aways than take aways. Myers is better.

Juulsen should be looked at as a prospect even though he is older, Freidman is a journeyman AHL defenceman.
IMO, they should have signed Cole to term rather than Soucy. I like them both but Cole has actually gone as deep in the playoffs as you can go. Very little offense from him but it comes at opportune times. I know the age thing but he was used little his first several years with the Blues. Soucy was weined by Cole in Minny.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Thats hard to do with two new teams diluting the leagues talent. Best you can do is get lucky with these journeymen outperforming contracts and timely elc’s

You do it with ELCs from a good farm system, by and large. Agreed it's nearly impossible through FA or trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad