Confirmed with Link: Sharks close to re-signing Dillon -- UPD signs 5 year extension AAV $3.27m

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
DW can learn! Now he'll sign Franson and pull a top 10 goalie outta thin air and we'll all love him again!

51782494.jpg

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Really good deal for Dillon. :) Our top-4 is locked up so cheap and it's a pretty solid top-4.

Agree. Glad the deal was finally done. Now, if we can sign a solid UFA and work Mueller into regular playtime, with Tennyson as the regular number 7 and injury fill in, we can be looking at a pretty solid D core. Franson would be a nice pick up/addition for sure.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Great deal, good job DW & Dillon agreeing on a deal fair for the team and player, and thank god for not including a NTC/NMC. So Burns, Vlasic, Braun and Dillon are paid a combined 19M? That's amazing for a teams top 4 D-Men. Still would like to bring in a top pairing DMan and this contract allows us to still take on a decent salary. What were the team numbers? We had 18M and Dillon + Melkman signed for 4.5M? Decent amount of space to use still.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Forgot the :sarcasm:

In all seriousness I think this will be a much different ufa day than usual for us and I believe DW will trade for a good goalie.

I'm hoping that with all the cap space the Sharks have that DW will be willing to pay market value for a legitimately good top 4 d-man but I'll still be surprised if he does.

He really, really dislikes playing in FA when it comes to the top players available.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
The funny thing is, Dillon probably told his agent that he didn't want to get taken to the cleaners after that last contract, but it might have just happened again once we see what DeBoer does with him. :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Really good deal for Dillon. :) Our top-4 is locked up so cheap and it's a pretty solid top-4.

~$17 mil for the next two years. Vlasic and Burns probably gonna get fairly big extensions maybe $3m between the two of them. So probably $20m for the top 4 in 3 years.

That's pretty good.

sidenote: he's making less than Stuart does now

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Nabby is the most recent 5 year contract I can remember. Everyone else usually maxes out at 3.

Nabby was a four-year-deal.

Longest I can remember was Michalek's 6-year-deal. Boyle was acquired with his 6-year-contract just kicking in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad