GDT: Sharks @ Blues 4:00pm Dubnyk returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Their quality of play is trending up, too. I was ecstatic with all the points early when they weren’t playing well because I expected them to start playing better.

We're at the same place (.500) we were when we had this discussion a week ago but now they're actually looking like the kind of team that can make something of it. Let's hope they prove me wrong.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
In your opinion.

Why would I support my position any further when you stated you do not care what anyone opinion is?

Maybe some day you will understand that you cant say things like that, and then expect someone have an honest discussion with you afterwards.

Thank you captain obvious it's my opinion.

If you don't want to support your stance because I don't care, that's on you. You're choosing not to make your case. If you have an issue with that, you should probably try not giving a shit if I care and just make the case anyway. When it's you responding, I'm expecting you to be dishonest because that's my experience with you. Don't like it? Too bad.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Rudolfs Balcers is officially the greatest #92 in San Jose Sharks history.

Isn't he the only #92 in their history? Rourke Chartier wore the # in camp...

Solid game; things are trending up. But, bad teams do this from time to time, and the Blues team was quite depeleted.

If Karlsson can get his game going...feels like that's going to be the mantra for the next seven years...

Reactions: Shark Finn

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Thank you captain obvious it's my opinion.

You certainly don't act like its obvious, considering you keep wanting me to prove my opinion on a purely subjective topic, while acting like your opinion is based on fact.

If you don't want to support your stance because I don't care, that's on you. You're choosing not to make your case. If you have an issue with that, you should probably try not giving a shit if I care and just make the case anyway. When it's you responding, I'm expecting you to be dishonest because that's my experience with you. Don't like it? Too bad.

I did make my case, not my fault you are unwilling to accept that as good enough compared to your amazing argument of "16 pts duh."

Once again, YOU are the one who could not just let it go when I tried to disengage in this pointless discussion by saying our opinions are just that, and that is fine. If you are making points, I expect them to be filled with overinflated self importance, and unwavering stubbornness as to their validity.... "that's my experience with you." Dont like that I respond to them as such, too bad.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
We're at the same place (.500) we were when we had this discussion a week ago but now they're actually looking like the kind of team that can make something of it. Let's hope they prove me wrong.
Consistently has to be the theme with this team. There isn’t enough top-end talent to carry them. They’ll need effort and contributions on a nightly basis from everyone.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You certainly don't act like its obvious, considering you keep wanting me to prove my opinion on a purely subjective topic, while acting like your opinion is based on fact.

I did make my case, not my fault you are unwilling to accept that as good enough compared to your amazing argument of "16 pts duh."

Once again, YOU are the one who could not just let it go when I tried to disengage in this pointless discussion by saying our opinions are just that, and that is fine. If you are making points, I expect them to be filled with overinflated self importance, and unwavering stubbornness as to their validity.... "that's my experience with you." Dont like that I respond to them as such, too bad.

First part is just pure nonsense. I act like it's a given anything I post is my opinion. You interpreting it anyway different is you reading more into it than is actually there. Stop acting like having conviction in what I say is acting like my opinion is fact.

And you made no such case. And I'm under no obligation to let anything go. I never said I would and I never said you should. All the crap about overinflated blah blah blah. You're every bit as guilty of it as anyone else. You've done nothing but project in this thread when you talk about me. Difference is that I don't pretend to be above it like you do. I don't say I'm letting go and don't. Everyone knows what I'm about and I don't pretend like I'm not.

WaySheGoes

Jan 26, 2021
Kane has that scoring touch and physical edge that reminds me of Nolan
Yes, very similar to Nolan! Glad we have a guy like that back on the Sharks. Closest thing we’ve had since Nolan was Ryane Clowe. Kane had a very consistent night and did not coast at all. He took the game into his hands and made it personal, which is how Nolan always played.

WaySheGoes

Jan 26, 2021
Why do announcers always point out that icing on the power play is never good? Yeah the penalty killing team can make line changes, but it really all comes down to the face off. Randy always points out that that is not good and I'm not sure why.
Because you have an extra guy. There’s no excuse to ice the puck.

Reactions: Alwalys

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
First part is just pure nonsense. I act like it's a given anything I post is my opinion. You interpreting it anyway different is you reading more into it than is actually there. Stop acting like having conviction in what I say is acting like my opinion is fact.

And you made no such case. And I'm under no obligation to let anything go. I never said I would and I never said you should. All the crap about overinflated blah blah blah. You're every bit as guilty of it as anyone else. You've done nothing but project in this thread when you talk about me. Difference is that I don't pretend to be above it like you do. I don't say I'm letting go and don't. Everyone knows what I'm about and I don't pretend like I'm not.

I did make a case, and even reiterated it for you, not my fault it doesn't meet your standards, while apparently "16 pts is enough" does.

Never said you have an obligation to let something go, I said I know you never would let something go, so far your are doing a bang up job of proving that point right.

You are right though, everyone does know what you are about.

Reactions: Groo

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I did make a case, and even reiterated it for you, not my fault it doesn't meet your standards, while apparently "16 pts is enough" does.

Never said you have an obligation to let something go, I said I know you never would let something go, so far your are doing a bang up job of proving that point right.

You are right though, everyone does know what you are about.

You made no case. You reiterated an unsubstantiated comment. 16 points is more than the nothing you have presented. You didn't say I have an obligation but have constantly noted the opposite about me yet said you would and failed while implying I should. Says more about you than it does me. See this conversation is more you making it personal rather than making an argument just like last time when you called me delusional. You have a habit of this. Maybe you should reassess how you talk to people.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
You made no case. You reiterated an unsubstantiated comment. 16 points is more than the nothing you have presented. You didn't say I have an obligation but have constantly noted the opposite about me yet said you would and failed while implying I should. Says more about you than it does me. See this conversation is more you making it personal rather than making an argument just like last time when you called me delusional. You have a habit of this. Maybe you should reassess how you talk to people.

There you go again, stating your opinion as fact. I did make a case, you just wont accept it as such. Not my problem

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There you go again, stating your opinion as fact. I did make a case, you just wont accept it as such. Not my problem

There you go interpreting more than is actually there. Referencing no stat is not making a case. All you said was he wasn't good defensively and didn't have good possession yet referenced nothing to show that while also not showing how those would make it not be at a high level. It isn't a problem that you haven't done it. Just pointing it out. How has that letting it go thing working out for you?

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
There you go interpreting more than is actually there. Referencing no stat is not making a case. All you said was he wasn't good defensively and didn't have good possession yet referenced nothing to show that while also not showing how those would make it not be at a high level. It isn't a problem that you haven't done it. Just pointing it out. How has that letting it go thing working out for you?

"Referencing no stat is not making a case"

One more time.....THAT.IS.YOUR.OPINION. Just like it is your opinion that "16 pts" is making a case.

Maybe one day you will understand this. My hopes are dwindling though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
"Referencing no stat is not making a case"

One more time.....THAT.IS.YOUR.OPINION. Just like it is your opinion that "16 pts" is making a case.

Maybe one day you will understand this. My hopes are dwindling though.

Where did I say it wasn't my opinion? That's only been you doing that. So much projection you got going on.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Isn't he the only #92 in their history? Rourke Chartier wore the # in camp...

Solid game; things are trending up. But, bad teams do this from time to time, and the Blues team was quite depeleted.

If Karlsson can get his game going...feels like that's going to be the mantra for the next seven years...

That only further validates my assertion.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Where did I say it wasn't my opinion? That's only been you doing that. So much projection you got going on.

You didnt say it, but you sure act like it, while stating you don't act that way. Glad you can see it though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You didnt say it, but you sure act like it, while stating you don't act that way. Glad you can see it though.

I've said what it is. Conviction isn't saying something as fact. But even if it were, how are you any different? This post I'm quoting of yours is the same thing you're accusing me of by the same standard so why do you continue to whine about something you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad