GDT: Sharks @ Blues 11/9/18

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The Defense has been horrible this season because everyone is playing with someone different every couple of shifts, Especially the D pairings. Pete gave up on Vlasic/EK after 3 or 4 games into the season. If he had stuck with that pairing they would probally be jelling by now.

Reactions: Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The Defense has been horrible this season because everyone is playing with someone different every couple of shifts, Especially the D pairings. Pete gave up on Vlasic/EK after 3 or 4 games into the season. If he had stuck with that pairing they would probally be jelling by now.
But man, have you seen the way Pickles has played this year. I don't think Vlasic is a good partner for EK65.

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
I've always been on the fire Deboer train, but its inexcusable to play Ryan for only 5 minutes on a back-to-back to only scratch him the next game.

Yeah but clearly Ryan not playing sparked both the offense and the defense.

What do we have to do to get Melker benched? Trade for Crosby McDavid and Phil Mickelson? This game was harder to watch than seeing your child scream while being held down to get necessary radiation for her termial neuroblastoma. The sharks play is worse than juvenile cancer. It’s reached this point.

Okay fine, it’s hyperbole, leave me alone and just get that I’m...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lebanezer

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Couture is not blaming the goaltending. I kind of agree. I don't think the goaltending is the issue for this team at the moment. Goaltending is like the Quarterback in football. If the team is bad, who gets the blame? The QB. This whole team right now is crap, and I don't care how many games into the season this is. There's no consistency, the coach is making a lot of questionable decisions, and it's just not a good product in a year where the fanbase is diminishing based on the empty seats and our expectations were high because of Erik Karlsson and the possibility of John Tavares. DW and Plattner were going all in on this season. I don't think this is what they expected.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
They need to get back to being a defensive team that generates chances on transitions. Go in thinking they're trying to shut the other team out instead of outscoring them.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Couture is not blaming the goaltending. I kind of agree. I don't think the goaltending is the issue for this team at the moment. Goaltending is like the Quarterback in football. If the team is bad, who gets the blame? The QB. This whole team right now is crap, and I don't care how many games into the season this is. There's no consistency, the coach is making a lot of questionable decisions, and it's just not a good product in a year where the fanbase is diminishing based on the empty seats and our expectations were high because of Erik Karlsson and the possibility of John Tavares. DW and Plattner were going all in on this season. I don't think this is what they expected.

I agree with Couture and you to a point. Goaltending is kind of a problem but it is not the reason why we have been losing games.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I'm not sure if pavs is mad or if he's mad people are asking him questions
Questions from people who in all likelihood have never even been on skates. Has to be annoying when you're already furious about the way the team you captain just played.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I love how PDB said that we were playing great till 2 games back and there is nothing more to it. I would like a coach to say that he is partly responsible and needs to do a better job.
Not to mention they weren't playing well prior to these two games. They just had people playing hot. Defense was still a problem.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Guys, im just going to say this, not even read comments right now.

Ive been watching for a long time, since the early 2000's.

Ive seen enough seasons to know, it simply does not matter how we play now.

It only matters how we play at the end of the year.

Seriously... ive seen enough seasons of being favorites. Im happy with our coach, I don't care Q is available. We're just going to have to trust in Doug Wilson, and move forward.

this loss is really nothing, its just a tough break last night and empty vs a completely different team style.

Cannot always win. Thank you.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Consistency. That's all I want out of this team right now.

If we see more shifts from the last-period-against-Nashville and first-period against-Carolina Sharks than that shit-show team we saw tonight, they'll be in good shape.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Consistency. That's all I want out of this team right now.

If we see more shifts from the last-period-against-Nashville and first-period against-Carolina Sharks than that ****-show team we saw tonight, they'll be in good shape.
Their D has been consistent all season. :help:

Reactions: Sandisfan

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
They need to get back to being a defensive team that generates chances on transitions. Go in thinking they're trying to shut the other team out instead of outscoring them.

Our forwards aren’t fast enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad