GDT: Sharks @ Avs | Feb. 24th 7 p.m. MST | Pokemon Red vs. Blue

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Well Reto Berra is apart of the active roster so there doesn't need to be a decision made on him until the off-season. By the off-season however Reto Berra will be gone. Leaving our goaltending depth chart looking like this:

Varly>Pickard>Martin>Will>Papjach

This is of course counting on Roman Will receiving a new contract. By the time next season starts we can have anywhere from 2-3 new names on that goalie depth chart.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What are you talking about? We have 29 to their 27, we're still ahead by two ROW.
Yes but if they win 2 out of their 3 games in hand they will also have 29 and be ahead due to the next tiebreaker. We not only need to win our games, we also need to win them as ROWs to secure our spot.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes but if they win 2 out of their 3 games in hand they will also have 29 and be ahead due to the next tiebreaker. We not only need to win our games, we also need to win them as ROWs to secure our spot.

Ok, I see where you're going with that. We also have two games against them as well.

So two of those games can count against their games in hand. Our fate is in our hands IMO. Especially with another three games against Nashville as well.

That's 10 points available to us against those teams.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Ok, I see where you're going with that. We also have two games against them as well.

So two of those games can count against their games in hand. Our fate is in our hands IMO. Especially with another three games against Nashville as well.

That's 10 points available to us against those teams.
Yes those games against them and NAS are crucial.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Well Reto Berra is apart of the active roster so there doesn't need to be a decision made on him until the off-season. By the off-season however Reto Berra will be gone. Leaving our goaltending depth chart looking like this:

Varly>Pickard>Martin>Will>Papjach

This is of course counting on Roman Will receiving a new contract. By the time next season starts we can have anywhere from 2-3 new names on that goalie depth chart.

Do you think Aitto will have any interest in coming back if he gets to be the #1 in SA? I'm not sure how much he's making across the world, but I'd think it is NHL opportunity or bust for him coming back.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Do you think Aitto will have any interest in coming back if he gets to be the #1 in SA? I'm not sure how much he's making across the world, but I'd think it is NHL opportunity or bust for him coming back.

Wild card for sure. Avs retained him for a reason, as for that reason no one knows because everyone has forgotten about him and Denver area media generally sucks.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Allaire seems to be a wizard when it comes to goaltenders, I think Berra gets dealt by the draft, Pickard starts at backup next year, and whoever ends up being the #1 in SA gets lots of time with Allaire to become another stud. Probably Martin, he seems like he has the tools to do what Allaire wants.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Allaire seems to be a wizard when it comes to goaltenders, I think Berra gets dealt by the draft, Pickard starts at backup next year, and whoever ends up being the #1 in SA gets lots of time with Allaire to become another stud. Probably Martin, he seems like he has the tools to do what Allaire wants.

Filiatrault but same thing pretty much. Some pretty are going to be really happy with the "Allaire Plan" it seems with this talk :)

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013

Allaire was one of the best things we have done in the past few seasons. Roy has had some good ideas but it feels like he needs an assistant who really has grasp on systems. If we miss out on the playoffs I think that it would be wise to get some assistants who have a strong background in implementing systems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad