GDT: Sharks @ Avs | Feb. 24th 7 p.m. MST | Pokemon Red vs. Blue

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
I was so happy to see Grigorenko hit the ice in overtime. He's come a long way in just a month, considering he was a healthy scratch for 3 straight games in the middle of January. He's playing a pretty big role on the team right now and excelling.

Yeah he flubbed that drop pass into the zone, then battled like a beast to get it back and actually created a little scoring chance. Very encouraging progress

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yeah he flubbed that drop pass into the zone, then battled like a beast to get it back and actually created a little scoring chance. Very encouraging progress

Was that his cross-ice pass to EJ? That was nice and came out of no where. So glad he's trending up.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah, these are some salty mofos lol

The refs were definetly not on our side last night. Did that poster not see Grigs get his stick chopped out of his hands in the first? Or the obvious too many men penalty? Or how about the 30 picks the Sharks had? Who on the Avs dives now anyways? Landeskog? That dudes got a balance issue he aint diving.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I think that was the first game I actually noticed Bodnarchuk, nice assist too.

I'll be honest, in my limited viewings I'm not seeing what's so terrible about him. Every time I watch he makes several nice plays and yet apparently he's just boot scum.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The refs were definetly not on our side last night. Did that poster not see Grigs get his stick chopped out of his hands in the first? Or the obvious too many men penalty? Or how about the 30 picks the Sharks had? Who on the Avs dives now anyways? Landeskog? That dudes got a balance issue he aint diving.

Literally no one (except Varly uncharacteristically the other night). They might be the least embellishing team in the NHL. They don't even snap their heads back on high sticks to get the refs attention, like seemingly every other player.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Lets just say this confirms what I learned in Psychology class last week about perceptual sets lmao.

(Bias in how your brain process information based on motivation or preconceived notions)

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'll be honest, in my limited viewings I'm not seeing what's so terrible about him. Every time I watch he makes several nice plays and yet apparently he's just boot scum.

He is a bottom guy. Either they are amazing or complete dog ****.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Roy gives Allaire a lot of autonomy so that's why it works. And consults him on decisions as well.

Chuck has more issues in coverage, I think Redmond is worse with turnovers so pick your poison.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think Roy gives Allaire a lot of autonomy so that's why it works. And consults him on decisions as well.

Chuck has more issues in coverage, I think Redmond is worse with turnovers so pick your poison.

Zadorov, is that an option?

I mean if there is a chance we're choosing a turnover option here.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Roy is completely hands off with the goaltending. I know Roy has mentioned that a few times in interviews in his first year with the Avalanche because everyone assumed he would be doing the goalie coaching.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Pick your cyanide more like it lol. I choose neither. Call up Z or try to find someone before the TDL who can play with Bigras who looked pretty darn good last night.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Christopher Boucher ‏@Chris_LogiQ 36m36 minutes ago
Since Jan. 1st, @Avalanche forward MacKinnon has averaged 24.7 possession-driving plays per-20; that ranks number 1 in the #NHL

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Since Jan. 1st, @Avalanche forward MacKinnon has averaged 24.7 possession-driving plays per-20; that ranks number 1 in the #NHL

Ahh, where the eye test and the stat line goes in different directions.

I think we all know MacK has not been great for the majority of the new year either. His bad is far better than others good sometimes, but that is misleading IMO.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

You wouldn't be able to know this from watching him play, though his game last night and vs the Oilers was very good.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Ahh, where the eye test and the stat line goes in different directions.

I think we all know MacK has not been great for the majority of the new year either. His bad is far better than others good sometimes, but that is misleading IMO.

If it wasn't for that stretch where it seemed all he wanted to do was stick handle through 2-3 opponents every time he entered the zone, I wouldn't have even thought he was playing poorly.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If it wasn't for that stretch where it seemed all he wanted to do was stick handle through 2-3 opponents every time he entered the zone, I wouldn't have even thought he was playing poorly.

It's more than that IMO, his decision making in the offensive zone has not been great, and he has not been driving the net.

He's also been caught puck watching defensively at times.

He also went through some stretches when he was not shooting the puck either.

You sir have the burgundy glasses at full power if that's all the issues you seen with his game lately.

I'm really not trying to start a MacKinnon bash session, but hes had his share of youngster struggles in 2016.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
For a guy with a great shot who scores an alright amount of goals, I find MacKinnon shoots it right into the goalie's chest way too often. He teases with chances but its like that finish we saw in the 1st round against Minny has all but evaporated, at least until the shootout comes.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
For a guy with a great shot who scores an alright amount of goals, I find MacKinnon shoots it right into the goalie's chest way too often. He teases with chances but its like that finish we saw in the 1st round against Minny has all but evaporated, at least until the shootout comes.

Should hire Adam Oates in the offseason to be his skills coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad