Post-Game Talk: Sharks at Predators. WIN!! 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Really wish the young guns were filling those spots on the 3rd pair. I can deal with Hammer being there with someone like davies or something

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I know people love to hate on Irwin here, but I'm not convinced that he isn't better than Hammer at this point. Mind you it would only be by a small margin. I thought Hamhuis looked that bad in the first two games. I agree that giving Carrier, Allard, Santini a chance makes sense.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I know people love to hate on Irwin here, but I'm not convinced that he isn't better than Hammer at this point. Mind you it would only be by a small margin. I thought Hamhuis looked that bad in the first two games. I agree that giving Carrier, Allard, Santini a chance makes sense.

I tend to agree after watching Hamhuis. Like someone said, either he is hurt or the wheels fell off really fast. He just wasn't fast enough to be in the right position. Irwin gives us improved mobility, albeit terrible decision making once the puck is on his stick. I hope that Weber being bad was a bit of carry over from what Hamhuis was doing.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think he'd be fine on a team that plays a slower style but he's too slow for our style. That being said, with a sound puck-moving defenseman, I think he'd be fine as a shutdown #6D.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm a little afraid the injury last season basically sucked what little was left out of Hamhuis. When I'm willing to give Irwin a go you know it's been bad.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
For awhile now I have thought that Hammer shouldn't even be out there. Toward the end of last season and into the playoffs he just didn't play well and just can't keep up with the pace of the game. I am happy to see Irwin in tonight. While he may not be great, he does a solid job when called upon and really pairs up well with Weber as he gives that pairing a good bit of grit.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I like Hammer, but he looks way too slow to cover rushes and play offense now. It's time to just let him go and move to a younger option.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Feels like we're losing an awful lot of one-on-one battles. Makes sense being that Sharks are desperate looking for their first win of the year.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Feels like we're losing an awful lot of one-on-one battles. Makes sense being that Sharks are desperate looking for their first win of the year.

There has not been much tic-tac-toe with the passes, a la Granlund passing to nobody 15 feet from the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad