Post-Game Talk: Sharks at Predators. WIN!! 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
So others have already touched on this but it seems to me like:

"JoSA" is not really firing on all cylinders. Smith and Turris have been our 2nd line before... "could they be our 3rd line" is a valid question. Or do we still need to try "JoTA"? Or "JoTA II" where T=Tolvanen is another angle. There is time and no special urgency here.

But I would probably indulge in a little tinkering over the rest of this month if I was in Lavy's shoes. We have a luxurious plethora of options. Try Turris in JoTA. Try Turris with Smith and Sissons instead of Jarnkrok and Grimaldi. Test drive a Carr somewhere in there instead of Grimaldi some day. And eventually after some weeks if none of that has really left us enthused with the results, consider recalling Tolvanen (or whoever else is shooting the lights out in Milwaukee) to add into the equation.

Again, it is only some minor "tinkering"... no big deal at this point. Just trying some things on for size. One thing I would say about a Sissons-Turris-Smith line, however... the coach may be more inclined to play them more than 10,11,12 mins in a game.

Right now, it's a little too easy for the NHL coaching mindset to fall back more on Sissons-Bonino-Watson when that exists vs. Jarnkrok-Turris-Grimaldi. Bonino played 18mins last game. He's really the traditional 3rd line center right now. Maybe that is what we ultimately all want. But it leaves J-T-G as more of a mixed bag of leftovers with essentially 4th line utilization. Or...
Sissons-Turris-Smith
Boyle-Bonino-Watson ? :naughty:

I agree. I think minor changes are reasonable. Turris getting 12 minutes a night seems like a sure fire way to have a boat anchor contract for a long time. Poile is paying him 6 million for 12 minutes a night so far.

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
Smith - Johansen - Arvidsson not having a great night defensively. Or offensively, for that matter.

I am starting to realize that Forsberg did more puck carrying/holding on that line that I originally thought. He was a nice change of pace from Arvy who want to take everything right to the front of the net and Johansen that is always looking for a slick pass. Smith is just chucking it at the net as soon as it hits his stick and unless there is someone there to catch the rebound then it usually ends up going the other way. He also may not be skilled enough to handle those nice passes from Johansen and be able to do anything more with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: NNCbama

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Haha I made it for games 4 and 6 of the finals in 17. I have seen the PT on Broadway.
I don't stay in my seat during intermission so I have no idea what the issue is.

Edit: Just noticed there is a story on the athletic about it.

Nice to see the subscription to that trash is getting me some real locker room insight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad