GDT: Sharks at Blues; 7pm Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
The Lebanc slew foot looked 100% unintentional to me. Yes, it ended up being a dangerous play, but I don't think he was trying to do it. He was falling down. To my eyes it lust looked like a normal hockey play gone wrong.
I agree

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Good game by the Blues. But Husso really kept us in it early. I think if he lets a couple of those early goals in, we have a much different game on our hands. We didn't play a full 60 because we were ass in the 1st. We got out scoring-chanced 18-13 5v5 in the first and 7 of those were high danger (to our 4). That's without the Sharks having a PP all game.

Could we have a little-bit of a goalie controversy brewing? Binnington has let in some deflating goals while today Husso made some inflating saves. You could normally say that husso is getting the easier starts, but both his games are against playoff contenders right now with at least .530 point capture.

Husso's stat line is 2-0, 0.5 GAA, .984 sv% against teams with a combined .547 point capture.
Binnington's stat line against weaker competition (sub .6 pt capture) is 5-2-2, 2.77 GAA, .913 Sv% against a combined 0.457% point capture.

Small sample size for Husso, but it at least shows we need to be resting Binnington more until Husso slows down. Husso has earned more starts and Binnington has earned more rest (both in the fact that he is playing a ton, and playing poorly the last few). I don't think there is a goalie controversy at all, and probably won't be. But Binnington does not need to play 75% of our games right now.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
The Lebanc slew foot looked 100% unintentional to me. Yes, it ended up being a dangerous play, but I don't think he was trying to do it. He was falling down. To my eyes it lust looked like a normal hockey play gone wrong.
I'd be willing to go along with this, but they had three tripping calls against them and tried to continue tripping or payers.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
“Clayton Stoner” always felt judgmental

Oh man, I almost forgot about him.

I remember seeing him play a bunch when he was with the Houston Aeros as a dumb (and usually stoned) late teen when I still lived in Peoria. Always wondered how many questions people would get if they bought his jersey. The common person would have had to think it’s a joke and not a real player :laugh:

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Nice bounceback win tonight from the boys! In retrospect, Berube's decision to reunite Sunny and Barbie along with Saad seems like a stroke of genius. They fit together perfectly and will open things up for the top 6. Everyone looked sharp, so let's hope it carries over to the next few games.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

stlbluz

Apr 9, 2007
St. Louis
Oh man, I almost forgot about him.

I remember seeing him play a bunch when he was with the Houston Aeros as a dumb (and usually stoned) late teen when I still lived in Peoria. Always wondered how many questions people would get if they bought his jersey. The common person would have had to think it’s a joke and not a real player :laugh:

I wish Miroslav Satan would have played at least one game for New Jersey.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
ezgif-7-102178dc0e81-kyro.gif

dat smile :D

Reactions: stl76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad