Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire McNally from Vancouver for #210 pick (UPD: signed to 2 yr contract)

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
When I first read the title of this thread I thought we were giving up 210 to get McNally. That wouldn't have been a good trade....;)

druncan

Mar 8, 2006
the city
Something around this..

Unfortunately, McNally doesn’t play for the Crimson anymore. The offensive defenceman was one of four students kicked off the team’s 2012-13 roster for what appears to be his involvement in an academic scandal.
What was the scandal? It seems to surround a Government class (Introduction to Congress) and an investigation into nearly half of the class’s 279 students collaborating on answers (i.e. plagiarizing one another) on the take-home final exam.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/1...g-to-learn-nothing-from-class-about-congress/

Slightly OT, but I love how students in an Intro to Congress class got investigated for cheating. Seems to me like they were just really into the subject matter and wanted some hands on experience.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Slightly OT, but I love how students in an Intro to Congress class got investigated for cheating. Seems to me like they were just really into the subject matter and wanted some hands on experience.

It should be expected that people would collaborate on a take home test in a short answer format too.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Any chance this guy makes the team?

EDIT: The Barracuda tweeted it too, so maybe not? :laugh:

Nah, him and Mueller will be DeBoer's Larsson. I mean, it's not like the were other young studs in Severson and Merrill on the team getting time, right?

Sarcasm aside, I will say that there is a 50% chance he's on the opening night roster as the #7.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Nah, him and Mueller will be DeBoer's Larsson. I mean, it's not like the were other young studs in Severson and Merrill on the team getting time, right?

Sarcasm aside, I will say that there is a 50% chance he's on the opening night roster as the #7.

I coulda sworn this said 70% chance the first time I read it. :popcorn:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I'd be pretty surprised if he sticks as the #7.

If he's good enough to earn a roster spot it'll be as a top 6 or else he'll be with the Barracuda.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Great move by your team. McNally has a lot of upside - absolute stud for Harvard this season. Very low risk move for moderate to high reward.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I thought he was a RD?

Anyways I'm pretty excited to see him play in the AHL. He'll more than likely spend his career there but we are really weak on that third pairing RD.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I thought he was a RD?

Anyways I'm pretty excited to see him play in the AHL. He'll more than likely spend his career there but we are really weak on that third pairing RD.

He's a LD.

By all accounts (and what I saw watching a handful of Harvard games this past season) offensively he's very good but defensively he's still a work in progress.

Considering the makeup of the Sharks defense right now I wouldn't be too surprised if he has a good start to his AHL season if he sees some NHL time this year.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This turned out to be a really good move. I wonder if DW incentivized him to sign, and if so what with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad