Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire McNally from Vancouver for #210 pick (UPD: signed to 2 yr contract)

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
This is a good pickup honestly. He's got some talent and he's an offensive guy which we need. Good work Wilson.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
An interesting tidbit I can offer on McNally.

I'm sure a lot of you remember X-Sharkie (Max) when he posted here? He's an amateur scout for Winnipeg now and back a few years ago, I asked for his input on a super-deep keeper league that I was in, which has always drafted 48 hours before the real NHL draft.

I'm not going to share his full post that he sent to me, but I kid you not, looking back at it, he was spot on in spades. Absolutely insanely accurate with how things have panned out. But I will share this:
The kid I recommend you grab with one of your later picks is Pat McNally .. he reminds me of Keith Yandle .. his offensive instincts and skills are as good as you can find in this class, but he's really far away (very skinny) and will slip cause he wants to return to prep next year and wants to play for Harvard .. but in 4-5 years he could be a damn good offensive defenseman.

I hope that makes people feel positive. He sent this to me in 2010.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
He has great vision of the ice, is a solid puck handler, makes real nice outlet passes...he's going to need some help in his own end to really compete in the pro game, but he's physical without being stupid and plays positionally fairly well. Only real issue is he occasionally brain cramps by being too focused in his own end on the puck and not the guy he's supposed to cover, but I don't think that's unfixable.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I'm sure a lot of you remember X-Sharkie (Max) when he posted here? He's an amateur scout for Winnipeg now and back a few years ago, I asked for his input on a super-deep keeper league that I was in, which has always drafted 48 hours before the real NHL draft.

I'm not going to share his full post that he sent to me, but I kid you not, looking back at it, he was spot on in spades. Absolutely insanely accurate with how things have panned out. But I will share this:

Ugh this is why Winnipeg's prospect pool is so deep. Damn you x-sharkie! I looked at a bunch of his posts awhile back just to see what kinda reports he had. Good stuff.

chris39bong

Thanks for sharing, I remember Max years ago. Great guy.

Looks like DW did a good job picking up a quality asset that might only be a 1-2 years away, rather than 4+ years like most college bound prospects. Just need to make sure he gets signed. And it sounds like this could be the writing on the wall for Matt Tennyson.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Last time we had an F player was Pavelski. And since we all know correlation = causation, we can safely assume that McNally will become a franchise cornerstone. The logic is unassailable.

Tarasov also has an F, pretty silly to give any drafted project an F... Valid point though, we finally found our number 1 D

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011

Could be a steal for the Sharks if they can sign him to an ELC. But there was a lot of question marks in the Canucks camp about his desire to pursuing a pro-hockey career.

He was actually rated as a high as a mid-to-late 2nd rounder in his draft year. He dropped because he was committed to playing a year of prep-school and then 4 years at Harvard. Canucks gave up on him because he wouldn't commit to signing an ELC, even though he had exhausted his college eligibility.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Tarasov also has an F, pretty silly to give any drafted project an F... Valid point though, we finally found our number 1 D

Well then.

Pavelski = #1 C
Tarasov = Richard-winning leading goal-scorer
McNally = #1 D and PPQB

Quick, someone scour HF for goalies with F ratings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad