Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Chum 2

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
giphy.gif

Myself after hearing that there will be a Garrett Wilson bobblehead night sometime after the all-star game.

Love the Penguins

Jun 3, 2017
They mailed this one in, bringing back not so pleasant memories of their play in November. Or maybe a bunch of them were playing with severe hangovers, led by Malkin. I'll bet even the Sharks fans in attendance wanted to see a more competitive game than that embarrassing stinker by the visitors.

Reactions: Angrrus

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Someone needs to do a case study on GM's who achieve the ultimate success then decide to go backwards in their philosophy because reasons.

The Sharks were badly overmatched in 2016 and Jones was the only thing that kept that series even remotely close. The Sharks learned their lesson and got faster, more mobile.

Gone was *snicker* Roman Polak and "grit" like Joel Ward while the Penguins thought Ryan Reaves and Jack Johnson were great f***ing ideas.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Letangs goal was sweet and the PK was good. Other than that it was a mess.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Lost against a good team, not playing the best possible lineup. Evgeni Malkin also skates like a 90 year old which makes every other point unimportant in comparison.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Sharks largely kept us to the outside and were very effective at shutting down the middle of the ice.

Also we're giving up way too many goals again, but I blame our ineptitude in that regard (primarily) on our defense.

Reactions: BHD

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
:biglaugh: Awesome title, @DegenX

I literally have nothing. Hopefully it's a nice little wake up call. We are getting close to being great and a contender, but still have some work. Hopefully this turns into a positive.

+Oleksiak in for Riikola
+Garrett Wilson in for anyone

And by pluses, I mean major minuses.

Reactions: BHD

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
And this wasn't a one off. They were overmatched by a much, much better team.
Exactly. There are many, many more better teams than the Pens this year. They are no longer a top 5 team and it shows on nights like this. Too much trash in the bottom 6 and defensive zone play is beyond horrific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad