Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Chum 2

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
One team looked like an actual NHL team with speed, size and structure and the other looked liked chickens with their heads cut off, running around blindly without direction...I’ll let you figure out who was who...

I feel embarrassed for having paid a lot of money for those tickets

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I dont know much about nothing.

But I do know Wilson should never be on the ice for us....EVER.... even if there is a fire.

And Rikkola needs stapled to Maatta.
Oleksiak is the odd man out.

Team was flat... this west trip has been unkind to us.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Geno might we want to go to UPMC for a full physical.

That was ugly. They had answers for everything.

Hopefully the last we see of Oleksiak in a Penguins uniform. He isnt good enough to make up for Maattas deficiencies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Someone needs to do a case study on GM's who achieve the ultimate success then decide to go backwards in their philosophy because reasons.

The Sharks were badly overmatched in 2016 and Jones was the only thing that kept that series even remotely close. The Sharks learned their lesson and got faster, more mobile.

Gone was *snicker* Roman Polak and "grit" like Joel Ward while the Penguins thought Ryan Reaves and Jack Johnson were great ****ing ideas.

We won a cup again the next year though, Sharks were knocked out in the first round by Edmonton. Last season we were knocked out in the 2nd round by the Cup champions, SAN Jose was out in the 2nd round too.

Results still well in our favour since 2016.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No shame in losing to the Sharks.

But the way they lost is what's concerning.

It could of easily been a 7-1 game, the Pens looked so over matched.
Yep, it was like Men among boys, but that's what good teams do, take away the middle.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
JJ got Subway sandwich of the game (on Hertl).

;)

pM418QK.gif

I love this. That movie has so many good gifs and memes.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
It’s just a January loss to a western conference team who was hot. No big deal.

It’s better than say losing to Chicago or LA. The other teams are trying to win too.

Murray played well in the loss.

Reactions: td_ice

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Brass is a mfing POS loser..f*** him. Wilson I expect crap.

Brassard was supposed to bring balance to the lines. He was the chosen one!!!

Reactions: Angrrus

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Expect changes in ARI.
Sucky thing is they can't change the F's cuz they only have 12 on the road trip.
ETA: Guess they could sub Rig in for Wilson on wing. It'd actually be a good move.
I'd put Phil back with G or Sid cuz...why not?
Grant moves up, Sheahan to the 4th.
Plug in Riiko 100% and both Riiko and Ruh if ya want...

Get to work JR.
All i got.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Expect changes in ARI.
Sucky thing is they can't change the F's cuz they only have 12 on the road trip.
I'd put Phil back with G or Sid cuz...why not?
Grant moves up, Sheahan to the 4th.
Plug in Riiko 100% and both Riiko and Ruh if ya want...

Get to work JR.
All i got.

The first and obvious change has to be Riikola in for Oleksiak. Even if Sullivan keeps everything else the same, that's one move that absolutely needs to be made.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
*mumble mumble* me hate brassard, something something

Seriously they were better than us, everywhere. If not for MM, christ. They’re a hot team right now but they are also replete with young talent that scores. Their depth is firing on all cylinders, and ours didn’t (and at the moment, isn’t). And I’m worried about Geno.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA

Seriously they were better than us, everywhere. If not for MM, christ. They’re a hot team right now but they are also replete with young talent that scores. Their depth is firing on all cylinders, and ours didn’t (and at the moment, isn’t). And I’m worried about Geno.
What depth?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Four of our last five games we've given up four or more goals. And largely to non playoff teams ATM.

Reactions: Angrrus

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
What's your hotcakes on the Kings game then?

2nd game in as many nights after an emotional comeback the night before.

Quick was excellent.

It was at worse an even game where the scoreboard wasn't indicative of the play.

FYI in about 3 days I could create a bot that could more or less replicate your posts.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I wouldn't even say our depth let us down. When your big guns like Malkin and Kessel look terrible, and Brassard is a ghost until the game is out of reach, you're not going to win many games.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I've reached the point where I'm convinced Brass and Oleksiak need to be moved. I'd also think about shopping Sheahan and see what's out there.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad