Post-Game Talk: Sharks 5, Chum 2

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, obviously Riiko in for Rig.

How i'd go about it up front is G can use all the puck houndedness he can get and Brass-Phil sucks out loud so i'd put Phil with Sid and Rust with G.

Jake-Sid-Phil
Simon-G-Rust
Pearson-Brass-Grant
Sheahan-Cullen-Wilson

ETA: or

Jake-Sid-Simon
Rust-G-Phil
Pearson-Brass-Grant

It's atleast something different...

If they won't break up the 1st line:

Jake-Sid-Rust
Simon/Pearson-G-Phil
Simon/Pearson-Brass-Grant

is the best i can do atm.

ETA: Wanna keep the 1st and 3rd lines they ended with:

Jake-Sid-Rust
Grant-G-Phil
Pearson-Brass-Simon

or Brass at wing:

Jake-Sid-Rust
Brass-G-Simon/Phil
Pearson-Grant-Phil/Simon

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I never knew this was a thing :laugh:

0f25c4e2c34728ac70a563474bafc35b.jpg

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Sully with no real positives from tonight’s game. They asked about Brassard scoring and his facial expression was pretty “meh”. Said he had his moments.

The LA game he said we beat ourselves in the 2nd period but wasn’t to concerned. Tonight he had no positives to say.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Sully with no real positives from tonight’s game. They asked about Brassard scoring and his facial expression was pretty “meh”. Said he had his moments.

The LA game he said we beat ourselves in the 2nd period but wasn’t to concerned. Tonight he had no positives to say.
You could tell that internally they viewed this game as a challenge/measuring stick. A lot of disappointment there.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Yea, changes are coming.
Just hope 100% Riiko is in, then look at some of the trios i mentioned above.
Best they can do atm.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
You could tell that internally they viewed this game as a challenge/measuring stick. A lot of disappointment there.

Body language told a lot from the interview. Normally he’ll pick out positives but tonight was a straight up no. They asked about anywhere particular on the ice and he said everywhere. We lost battles everywhere. Gotta go hard Friday

Last edited:

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
+Oleksiak in for Riikola

And by pluses, I mean major minuses.
LOL. How is Oleksiak playing right now..
Oleksiak is playing over Riikola because Riikola is not allowed to PK at all while Oleksiak, while not usually Sully's preferred option for the PK role is still allowed to see some time on it. Honestly I have yet to hear an explanation for why this is the case? Is/was Riikola that horrendous at it in limited practice opportunity? Did he go to Sully and ask not PK to work on other parts of his game? Is he being punished for something? Is there an massive escalator in his contract involving the PK? It really makes no sense...

I could have sworn that when he signed, it was said he was a PK leader on his former team, and I don't recall him as a dumpster fire on the PK in the preseason when he did see at least some shifts... But since the start of the regular season he has not seen a single full shift on it (He has a grand total of 0:07 seconds of PK time this entire season...and I'm pretty sure that was him sneaking on the ice in the dying seconds of a penalty during the Panther's game last Tuesday, an act which may have caused a piece of Sully's soul to implode or wither.)

Until this changes and someone or something convinces Sully that Riikola having 10 seconds of PK time will not initiate the apocalypse...I have a feeling this lack of perceived versatility will always make him the very last defensive option on the team and thus barring injuries never see more than a game or two here and there no matter how much more effective he is at even strength compared to even a pylon...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Yea, changes are coming.
Just hope 100% Riiko is in, then look at some of the trios i mentioned above.
Best they can do atm.

Yeah my gut feeling is Oleksiak in is a push from JR to have a fighter (maybe that’s still a request from our big guns). Oleksiaks minutes don’t seem to have Sully’s full trust. Again tonight 15 mins.

Wilson I get it he doesn’t get scored on much but he won’t create/finish anything either. I understand our 2 physical players are out but Grant comes in so that’s one. Maybe they don’t fully trust a winger in the AHL to not get lit up (or some Sprong PTSD :laugh: defensively).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
2nd game in as many nights after an emotional comeback the night before.

Quick was excellent.

It was at worse an even game where the scoreboard wasn't indicative of the play.

FYI in about 3 days I could create a bot that could more or less replicate your posts.
Right and I can train a stray dog to replicate yours, in my backyard.

Reactions: zero8771

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Just got home from game.

First period pens almost looked engaged.

Then just failed pass and failed puck battle and fail to hold onto pucks shot on Murray...boom.

MAF might own them Fri. Then typical trap game loss in ARI.

This road trip f***ing sucks. This team makes me mad. I mean, they tell you in peewee, it's okay if you lose, but just try your best. That can't be the Pens best.

Reactions: Angrrus

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also think it was a mistake to go out west with just 12F's.
Waive or trade Ruh and take the extra F with you. Dea, Blueger. Don't care.

After the fact with how they've played. Might as well get him in a game to see what he's got. He's not exactly gonna hurt you with how the D are going right now.
But they've put themselves in a corner with Olli and JJ on their regular PK without working in the likes of MP and Riiko. You work those 2 in and you can bench the likes of Olli or JJ and get Ruh in there.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just got home from game.

First period pens almost looked engaged.

Then just failed pass and failed puck battle and fail to hold onto pucks shot on Murray...boom.

MAF might own them Fri. Then typical trap game loss in ARI.

This road trip ****ing sucks. This team makes me mad. I mean, they tell you in peewee, it's okay if you lose, but just try your best. That can't be the Pens best.

The maddening thing is this was the effort after 2 days rest. The LA game off a back to back, fine but 2 days rest and the Sharks worked them all over the ice.
Point being, changes need to be made. With Riiko in at minimum on D and line changes up front.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Not much to comment, we utterly failed to respond after allowing two quick goals. We hadn't had a stinker like that in a while, let's hope we respond well because we could find ourselves out of the playoffs pretty soon if we don't.

Hertl, what a player, I have always liked him. He seems to always bring it against the Pens.

Reactions: BHD

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Stars were not stars this game and Malkin is almost a joke right now. But any wholesale changes will be needed after the season. Pens need to bring in younger talent and forwards who can play a better all around game.

Reactions: Angrrus and Andy99

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
I’m not sure if it’s a good motivational tool or something deeper but how many times this year has Sully pretty much called out the team on a lack of effort? I mean I like the way he gives honest answers unlike that joker Tomlin but I wonder how that sits with our top players. And listen I don’t disagree with Sully just find it interesting that he’s been so pointed and visibly irritated about the teams compete level.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Someone needs to do a case study on GM's who achieve the ultimate success then decide to go backwards in their philosophy because reasons.

The Sharks were badly overmatched in 2016 and Jones was the only thing that kept that series even remotely close. The Sharks learned their lesson and got faster, more mobile.

Gone was *snicker* Roman Polak and "grit" like Joel Ward while the Penguins thought Ryan Reaves and Jack Johnson were great ****ing ideas.

I wish I could like this post more than once. It is bang on, we used to skate circles around the sharks last few years, they made adjustments and got faster. Meanwhile, we got rid of guys like hagelin, Sheary, Daley etc. And replaced them with slow players.. JR played himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad