Post-Game Talk: Sharks 4, Penguins 0 - A Special Teams ****Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love the Penguins

Jun 3, 2017
Kessel fits the definition of bi-polar when it comes to hockey. He has some great positives, but they are often canceled out by infuriating negatives, and for quite a while now the negatives have come to the fore.

I want him to succeed, but I can't get the memory out of my mind of how atrocious he was in the playoffs last season, with no explanation offered or demanded by the always slack Pittsburgh media. Was he injured? Guess we'll never know.

Maybe the greatest irony is that Phil is an "ironman" yet is the most easily defended forward in the league due to his fear of physical contact.

Reactions: Angrrus

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
And yet JR seems to think the key to winning the Cup is adding another winger.

I just don't understand how he can watch that defense corps and think it's anywhere good enough to win with. Maybe if Murray plays like his two Cup run form. And even then I'm not sure.

Because there are good arguments that to have the best chance at success you strengthen your strength...the Pens are not one D man removed from having a great defense...they’ll never have a great D (scratching JJ would help...that’s on Sully)....strength of the team are the forwards, so add to the strength to try to make it an unstoppable force...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because there are good arguments that to have the best chance at success you strengthen your strength...the Pens are not one D man removed from having a great defense...they’ll never have a great D (scratching JJ would help...that’s on Sully)....strength of the team are the forwards, so add to the strength to try to make it an unstoppable force...

I don't agree with that.

This is just hypothetical and obviously doesn't take into account who is going the other way, or whether the other team would make the deal, but if JR had landed Muzzin from LA, a top four of Dumo/Letang and Muzzin/Schultz is definitely one that is capable of winning a Cup with.

Ignoring the defense and just hoping the forwards can score 5 goals a game if JR stacks it is a fool's errand.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Jack Johnson signs five-year contract with Penguins

this-is-fine.0.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't agree with that.

This is just hypothetical and obviously doesn't take into account who is going the other way, or whether the other team would make the deal, but if JR had landed Muzzin from LA, a top four of Dumo/Letang and Muzzin/Schultz is definitely one that is capable of winning a Cup with.

Ignoring the defense and just hoping the forwards can score 5 goals a game if JR stacks it is a fool's errand.
This post makes me sad.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Better Goal Differential than the Caps.

Islanders have one good player

Jackets are a joke

Hurricanes are one guy in Aho and no goalie.

I truly believe we take every team in the Metro in a 7 game series.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I think Pearson looks uncomfortable here the same way Brassard did. I'm hoping that we don't have to read an interview from him in six months where he talks about how he feels free now that he's no longer a Penguin.

Spoonman32

Jun 22, 2011
Bad signing of Johnson, no doubt. The Sharks wised up from the beating the Pens gave them in '16; the Pens inexplicably have gone from speed to I'm not sure what the game plan is.

Oh, I guess you haven't heard. The plan is for King Moonracer (Jim Rutherford) to keep collecting Misfit Toys (the reclamation projects), create his own safe haven for them in the organization (The Island of Misfit Toys) until a little boy or girl (some other GM) wants one of these poor toys (Jack MFin' Johnson).

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
+ The comedy value of the JJ penalty 56 seconds in. How so?? Well I had sarcastically said to the Mrs. as we were watching, “oh gee an early penalty, I bet it’s that f***ing ball of suck Jack Johnson who is guilty of something yep, you watch...” :laugh:

As soon as they showed that plug skating to the box we both nearly died laughing. :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Oh, I guess you haven't heard. The plan is for King Moonracer (Jim Rutherford) to keep collecting Misfit Toys (the reclamation projects), create his own safe haven for them in the organization (The Island of Misfit Toys) until a little boy or girl (some other GM) wants one of these poor toys (Jack MFin' Johnson).
You just used so many metaphors I forgot what that hell you were talking about

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
18 months later, the deconstruction of a cup champion is complete. From management to coaching to the mix of players, it's almost hard to fathom how far, how fast this team has fallen.

And the scarier thing is I'm not sure if I should be looking forward to or fearing JR trying to fix the mess he made and keeps making worse . . .

Somehow, JR turned into Shero and Sullivan turned into Bylsma before our eyes . . .

And also Crosby, Malkin and Letang turned back into what they were under Shero and Bylsma: shiny "superstars", soft and unable to provide scoring when the team needs it the most.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
This team has most of the pieces to be a contender again, they just need a new coach. Otherwise get ready for no playoffs, or a first round exit.

It was Sullivan who told Crosby to shoot straight into goalie's pads, Malkin to fumble a breakaway, Kessel to fan on the puck, and all of them - to take stupid penalties instead of scoring.

True story.

Hedgehoggie

Dec 3, 2018
Finland
In January-February, Penguins PK has been the league's fourth worst with 75.4%, and now in February it has been even worse: 71%.
Good solutions for that problem? JR , how about another JR? Only 64 sec of PK this season. Is it too difficult to even test?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I think everyone got the reference... just cheesy af. Lol reaching

Wait..wait...hold on, let's play this out...

Lol. Do I really need to dumb it down for you guys? Or maybe you just don't get the reference?

JR collecting reclamation projects and moving them along? C'mon now.

Yes, dumb it down. Create a visual aid, as well. This is your task.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
+++++++ I fast-forwarded almost everything after the first 10 minutes.

--------- I was dumb enough to watch the first 10 minutes.

I know it won't happen and that there are many other issues but if Sully wants really send a message he needs to bench JJ and Kessel. Maybe Horny too, he is doing nothing and seems injured or out of shape. At the very least remove Kessel from PP1 and start practicing PK. I mean, the Sharks seem to really bring it us against us since 2016 and we probably would have lost anyway without Kessel and JJ but we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. As I said before the game, it's like Sully expected a loss and played DeSmith because of that.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Why did I watch that until the end? Couldn't pass all game long, not even trying for loose pucks. Not even getting the puck on net during seemingly every breakaway/2 on 1/three on two they had. Oh, and look, another shorthanded goal against. They have to be approaching the record in that department.

Reactions: Angrrus

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Worst game in years. Fans should litter the ice with garbage and boo the Pens all game long next home game.

Instead, fans are saying: "it's just one game", "Sky isn't falling", "Sharks are really good", "We didn't get the breaks" and "It's all on JJ, he sucks".

That's Pens fanbase baby: meek acceptance of any kinds of **** they are feeding us, and endlessly making excuses for the team's blatant lack of effort and accountability.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Here is all I have to say:
Sharks added Karlsson.
Pens added JJ.

Sharks added Kane.
Pens added Pearson.

They just closed the gap and it will require more from us than a puck bobbling half asses attempt to win against them.

We had 2 breakaways, and multiple PPs.

It was all about execution!

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad