Post-Game Talk: Sharks 4, Penguins 0 - A Special Teams ****Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
It was Sullivan who told Crosby to shoot straight into goalie's pads, Malkin to fumble a breakaway, Kessel to fan on the puck, and all of them - to take stupid penalties instead of scoring.

True story.

I'm thinking you may not understand the role of the coach, especially if you're going by one game. Your argument seems to be that it's solely the player's responsibility to make sure the team wins, so then why even have a coach?!

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Glad to see the Pens are still getting clowned by guys like Michael Haley. Thank God JR wised up and thought it was a swell idea to have Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin as the muscle for the team.

At least I wised up and have only watched a handful of games this year.

Reactions: Pens17

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I'm thinking you may not understand the role of the coach, especially if you're going by one game. Your argument seems to be that it's solely the player's responsibility to make sure the team wins, so then why even have a coach?!

I don’t know why I even should articulate this, but a coach has 0 influence on how players execute, finish their chances or on their discipline.

You know it’s so funny: when I said in 2010-15 that Bylsma had to go, people said to me that “he didn’t instruct Letang and Malkin to turn the puck over at the blue line, it’s all on them”.

Role reversal, go figure.

Pens17

Aug 3, 2009
Glad to see the Pens are still getting clowned by guys like Michael Haley. Thank God JR wised up and thought it was a swell idea to have Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin as the muscle for the team.

At least I wised up and have only watched a handful of games this year.

Booyah!

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It was Sullivan who told Crosby to shoot straight into goalie's pads, Malkin to fumble a breakaway, Kessel to fan on the puck, and all of them - to take stupid penalties instead of scoring.

True story.
Did you copy and paste this post from a defense of Dan Bylsma?

Reactions: Pens17

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Don't go calling him my boy. I've been pretty clear in real time about what I think of the last 18 months of his work and the lack of proactiveness on his part.

I was being facetious...duh

Reactions: KIRK

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Since most of the conversation has drifted past the game ...

Not Penguins hockey talk is here.
Trade Deadline thread is here.
All Purpose Off Day thread for practice talk, line combos and general team discussion is here.
The Jack Johnson sucks thread is here.
The all-encompassing HCMS thread is here.
The all-encompassing GMJR thread is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad