Post-Game Talk: Sharks 3 @ Canucks 2 | 3/3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
You're right. I remember Andrew Alberts actually being able to stick up for his teammates on occasion, instead of being downy soft.

Hmmm I remember Seabrook gritting the better of him in his first Canuck game. Sbisa held his own vs a much tougher Ferland. Got beat up by Peluso but that guy is a beast who only top goons should fight.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Where are these legit posters calling Virtanen a bust unironically? Can someone point them out?

Were you not saying he only has 3rd line potential at best a couple weeks ago? Hard to memorize all posters positions but many posters had that stance. Now that he has already reached this level with his play lately it is Ehlers and Nylander are still better or just complete silence on the issue.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Were you not saying he only has 3rd line potential at best a couple weeks ago? Hard to memorize all posters positions but many posters had that stance. Now that he has already reached this level with his play lately it is Ehlers and Nylander are still better or just complete silence on the issue.

No, I've said several times that in all likelihood he'll be a middle 6 player, if you actually took the time to read the posts instead of blindly attacking them. That means a 2nd or 3rd line player. I never said he was a 3rd liner at best, and I've said there's an outside chance he's even more than a 2nd line player, but he will most likely be a 2nd or 3rd line player. I've said at very worst Virtanen will be a 3rd or 4th line player, and don't think him being a 4th line peak player is very likely at all.

I've also said repeatedly that both Ehlers and Nylander are top 6 or bust prospects. There is a good chance that one of them will never reach their potential, but I felt the risk was worth picking one of them since we have no real top line talent to replace the Sedins when they go. Nylander and Ehlers have more potential to be a top line all-star than Virtanen, and I don't think that's arguable.

I've been extremely fair about Virtanen/Nylander/Ehlers. If truth be told, I love players like Virtanen and he's the type of player who's name I'd want on the back of my jersey, if I had one. I just don't think he was the right pick for the franchise at the time, nor do I think he was the best pick available. I personally wanted Ehlers >> Nylander > Virtanen >>> Ritchie, and I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

If you want to believe Virtanen is very likely to become a top 3 player, you're welcome to be an optimist. I just think realistically he will be a 2nd or 3rd line player. Is that really a statement you disagree with? I feel like that's the consensus with us 'Virtanen haters'. Apparently saying he will be a 2nd or 3rd liner is akin to calling him a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad