Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Sharks-Canucks Preview
16 hours ago
AP - Sports

The San Jose Sharks seem poised to reach the playoffs while the Vancouver Canucks are not, although this week may feel sort of like a postseason series for both.

They play the second of three meetings in a seven-day span Thursday night in Vancouver, as the Canucks will try to slow down the red-hot Joe Pavelski better than they did a few days ago.

More

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
They will hopefully be a Thorton our sides and help us get a better pick.

In all seriousness, Thornton is having an outstanding year! He's two years older than Hank and I believe he's 10th in NHL scoring. I know he's not popular around these parts but he's hands down one of my favourite players.

I often find it fun to compare Thornton and Sedin side by side too. Thornton is 2 years older but both are the best playmakers of the last decade, both have been on powerhouse teams still searching for their first Cup, both have won a Hart and Art Ross and both are still going strong at 35+.

They're 2 players who aren't appreciated nearly enough as well.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
In all seriousness, Thornton is having an outstanding year! He's two years older than Hank and I believe he's 10th in NHL scoring. I know he's not popular around these parts but he's hands down one of my favourite players.

I often find it fun to compare Thornton and Sedin side by side too. Thornton is 2 years older but both are the best playmakers of the last decade, both have been on powerhouse teams still searching for their first Cup, both have won a Hart and Art Ross and both are still going strong at 35+.

They're 2 players who aren't appreciated nearly enough as well.

Yeah, he deserves credit for rounding out his game, too. He's an excellent defensive player now imo.

It still pisses me off that he stuck his finger in Hank's face, though.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Yeah, he deserves credit for rounding out his game, too. He's an excellent defensive player now imo.

It still pisses me off that he stuck his finger in Hank's face, though.

It pisses me off more that Henrik did nothing about it and took it like a little *****. :shakehead

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just give me more Virtanen.

This.

Virtanen has been steadily performing from "OK" to "Very Good" ever since the World Juniors, IMO - and this recent stretch of games has been some of his best hockey.

Things I want to see more of tonight - Virtanen, Baertschi, Horvat, Gaunce, McCann, Etem, Hutton

Things I want to see less of tonight - Weber, Bartkowski, Vey, Dorsett

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It pisses me off more that Henrik did nothing about it and took it like a little *****. :shakehead

Pisses me off more that this happened right in front of the referee who did sweet eff all about it. Typical of the refs and the level of "respect" they have for the Twins.

Same thing as last game. Brock Nelson is doing his level best to manhandle Daniel Sedin, and does so for a good length of time, and nobody - refs or players - does anything. That is until Derek Dorsett feebly tried to fight Nelson a few shifts later and then got fed his lunch through a straw by Matt Martin...

Alpha

英霊
Dec 15, 2011
This.

Virtanen has been steadily performing from "OK" to "Very Good" ever since the World Juniors, IMO - and this recent stretch of games has been some of his best hockey.

Things I want to see more of tonight - Virtanen, Baertschi, Horvat, Gaunce, McCann, Etem, Hutton

Things I want to see less of tonight - Weber, Bartkowski, Vey, Dorsett

Supposedly playing with the Sedins tonight. Looked good there earlier in the season. Excited to see how long it takes Willie to put Dorsett on their wing and bench Jake in the 3rd.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
hope for a close game but we need to come out on the losing side, in regulation

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Gave my company seats to a client for this one.

Can't bring myself to pay $8.50 for beers, but also can't bring myself to watch this team sober. Win win.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Pisses me off more that this happened right in front of the referee who did sweet eff all about it. Typical of the refs and the level of "respect" they have for the Twins.

Same thing as last game. Brock Nelson is doing his level best to manhandle Daniel Sedin, and does so for a good length of time, and nobody - refs or players - does anything. That is until Derek Dorsett feebly tried to fight Nelson a few shifts later and then got fed his lunch through a straw by Matt Martin...

oh please Martin threw a few punches to Dorsetts helmet then wrestled him to the ice. Not much of a fight and certainly not a huge beating. Yeah Dorsett lost so im sure the haters will be out in full force :shakehead

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
From here on in the only games I don't want us to lose are vs Calgary and Edmonton... and then only so long as they get the loser point.

So, go Sharks! And Vancouvers kids.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
oh please Martin threw a few punches to Dorsetts helmet then wrestled him to the ice. Not much of a fight and certainly not a huge beating. Yeah Dorsett lost so im sure the haters will be out in full force :shakehead

Dorsett sucks and deserves every but of vitriol thrown his way. He's completely ineffective at everything he does. Hurts the team more than he helps it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad