Sharks 2015 Summer Prospect Scrimmage 7/9

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
Chartier didn't play.

DeMelo was out there but didn't do enough to warrant attention. Didn't see him get burned, though, so that's good.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I talked to chartier in the signing thing, he didnt play because he was rehabing from the memorial cup game injury.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Just got back.

- Donskoi was everywhere. Guy seems to be skilled but also tenacious. I am really excited about this dude.
- Goldobin has insane hands and had clearly played in the pros. Guy can be a gamebreaker. Not great top speed but good acceleration and first step.
- Mueller had 10000x more poise than any other d-men but didn't try to do anything fancy.
- Tierney had some solid shifts and was usually around the puck. Obviously had the pro experience.
- Roy and Meier were decent, but definitely raw. Meier showed a little more than Roy and had some solid rushes. You can tell Roy has quick instincts and a good mental game but definitely wasn't dominating tonight.
- Rod absolutely crushed someone but didn't do much otherwise.

Basically, all of the pros showed up and looked good. Except Goodrow even though he had a sick breakaway goal.

Here are the non obvious people that stood out:
- Labanc had some good chances in the 1st half and hit a post.
- O'Regan had a lot of hustle and was able to consistently create some dangerous chances.
- Langlois was actually quite involved in a lot of plays - could have easily had two goals but whiffed on a bouncing puck. Could see this guy getting some attention.
- Sadowy got better as the game went on, hope we can see him on the Barracuda? Was impressed by him by the end of the game.

Probably forgetting some stuff. Goalie on Team Marchment let in two horrible goals in the 1st half.

Agree with everything you said. Especially about Donskoi. Mueller analysis also spot on.

I also thought McNally had a very good game. Nothing special, but noticeable.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
Agree with everything you said. Especially about Donskoi. Mueller analysis also spot on.

I also thought McNally had a very good game. Nothing special, but noticeable.

Yes - agreed about McNally. He's also a little older apparently, which showed in spades.

It's really hard to evaluate these guys when it's obvious that some guys have learned more of the 'little things' from professional / college play.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
-Once they put Meier on Tierney and Donskoi's line, they absolutely tore it up. Lots of possession in the offensive zone
-Goldobin, Jevpalov, and O' Regan made for a very skilled offensive line
-Goldobin was floating somewhat in the dzone but he made a really good steal and tried to set up an attack. Needs more hustle in his defensive game but could just be a more cerebral defensive game eventually
-Rod had a massive hit on the forecheck that was great.
-Parsells wasn't very good IMO
-I think the Ricci defense with Roy, McNally, Mueller, etc was really good. Had a pretty big part in shutting down team Marchment in the first half
-There was some good boardplay by Sadowy by the end of the game
-Langlois was pretty good in the offensive zone
-I think possession is gonna count for a lot in 3v3.
-Foo, Doremus, and the other 90something were a pretty effective grind line.

I think those were the highlights in my mind.

Goldobin and Tierney/Meier's lines were by far the best.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
I agree about Foo, noticed him positively a number of times.

I remember Boudreau having a few shots on goal? Otherwise I can't remember much.

Schoenborn was unnoticeable aside from his goal. Same with Bergman.

To be honest there wasn't really a defenseman that stood out aside from Mueller and possibly Roy. I must have missed most of what Joakim Ryan was doing. Actually, Brodzinski was playing the body really well and had some really good work on the boards. I'd like to see more of him because I think he might be suited to the hard-nosed pro game.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I agree about Foo, noticed him positively a number of times.

I remember Boudreau having a few shots on goal? Otherwise I can't remember much.

Schoenborn was unnoticeable aside from his goal. Same with Bergman.

To be honest there wasn't really a defenseman that stood out aside from Mueller and possibly Roy. I must have missed most of what Joakim Ryan was doing. Actually, Brodzinski was playing the body really well and had some really good work on the boards. I'd like to see more of him because I think he might be suited to the hard-nosed pro game.

Schoenborn was the guy who sprang Goodrow for the breakaway too but he wasn't too special.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
-Once they put Meier on Tierney and Donskoi's line, they absolutely tore it up. Lots of possession in the offensive zone
-Goldobin, Jevpalov, and O' Regan made for a very skilled offensive line
-Goldobin was floating somewhat in the dzone but he made a really good steal and tried to set up an attack. Needs more hustle in his defensive game but could just be a more cerebral defensive game eventually
-Rod had a massive hit on the forecheck that was great.
-Parsells wasn't very good IMO
-I think the Ricci defense with Roy, McNally, Mueller, etc was really good. Had a pretty big part in shutting down team Marchment in the first half
-There was some good boardplay by Sadowy by the end of the game
-Langlois was pretty good in the offensive zone
-I think possession is gonna count for a lot in 3v3.
-Foo, Doremus, and the other 90something were a pretty effective grind line.

I think those were the highlights in my mind.

Goldobin and Tierney/Meier's lines were by far the best.
DeBoer's 4th line confirmed.............. :sarcasm:

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
Who's the most disappointing player on the ice ? (Expectation ,potential,experience factor etc......)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Who's the most disappointing player on the ice ? (Expectation ,potential,experience factor etc......)

Hmm nobody too disappointing but there were some guys who weren't very good but they didn't have high expectations. I didn't notice much out of Labanc or Demelo I guess.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Thank you everyone for the reports, really appreciated!

What was the boxscore?
Going off Twitter, here's the most I could put together.

1-0 Jevpalovs from Goldobin and O'Regan
2-0 Sadowy
3-0 Goldobin (Penalty shot)
3-1 Langlois from Boudreau
4-1 Goodrow from Schoenborn
4-2 Tierney from Donskoi and Meier
5-2 Schoenborn (Empty net in 3v3 OT)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad