GDT: sharkcar

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
That’s what I’m thinking, if they can manage to get a look.

If health isn’t an issue I think Henrique would look pretty damn good between Noesen and Turbo if ANA is willing to move him at some point. Total Rod type player to me, I think he would fit right in.

Leadership, solid 2 way game, not afraid to get to the boards, has the smarts to play with someone like Turbo. To me that’s the little kind of move that can really put a roster like Carolinas over the top.
Henrique’s cap hit is 5.825.

Reactions: zman77

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Great game last night. Congrats to Teuvo, and good to see Svech back and the big thing is...our defense is back. Including the TB game (which we did lost); we've allowed 5 goals in the last 3 games.

That's the defense we know and love. Let's keep it going. We have 3 big games against Metro opponents coming up. Time to show them who's boss and hopefully our defense will continue to shine like it has been the last 3 games.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Great game last night. Congrats to Teuvo, and good to see Svech back and the big thing is...our defense is back. Including the TB game (which we did lost); we've allowed 5 goals in the last 3 games.

That's the defense we know and love. Let's keep it going. We have 3 big games against Metro opponents coming up. Time to show them who's boss and hopefully our defense will continue to shine like it has been the last 3 games.
Not convinced yet re: D.

Sharks had several golden scoring opportunities that due to incompetence + Antii they didn’t cash in.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

Sharks had several golden scoring opportunities that due to incompetence + Antii they didn’t cash in.

That happens to ever team. However for the most part the D collapsed and shut down the Sharks. Im not as concerned about breaks aways and small lapses, the sign of a bad D is when the other team can get to a cycle in your zone and all you can do is chase them until they score. Kinda like our offense did a few times. When they can prevent that from happening which they did that greatly increases your chance of winning.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If there’s an issue with the fourth line, Drury ain’t it. I present a tale of two games:

That's misleading and can be interpreted differently.

Yes, if you replace a minimum salary grinder on the 4th line with a top 6 forward, who is former 2nd OA pick, and power forward who has a history of driving offense since his rookie season on the 4th line, the 4th line will look better.

I suspect that if you removed Drury from that line and left Lemieux and Noesen with Svech, the metrics wouldn't have looked any differently. Svech was driving the play and would have no matter who he played with.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Had friends in from the Netherlands so caught bits and pieces of the game. Great read through on the game ! Nice to have one of these. Been a while.

Turbo for the hatty… oh oh. Dare we say he has found his motivation?.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Had friends in from the Netherlands so caught bits and pieces of the game. Great read through on the game ! Nice to have one of these. Been a while.

Turbo for the hatty… oh oh. Dare we say he has found his motivation?.

Is it a good thing that his motivation might be playing for a new contract?

Reactions: hockeynjune

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That's misleading and can be interpreted differently.

Yes, if you replace a minimum salary grinder on the 4th line with a top 6 forward, who is former 2nd OA pick, and power forward who has a history of driving offense since his rookie season on the 4th line, the 4th line will look better.

I suspect that if you removed Drury from that line and left Lemieux and Noesen with Svech, the metrics wouldn't have looked any differently. Svech was driving the play and would have no matter who he played with.

“If there’s a problem with the 4th line, it’s that it didn’t have a bonafide All Star winger on it until last night.”

TB beat SJ 6 -0
Tb beat us 3- 0

This was the only possible outcome
:laugh: I was thinking the same thing. It’s simply addition.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Henrique’s cap hit is 5.825.

That may technically be advantageous for the Hurricanes in a rental situation. They will accrue well enough cap space at the deadline to swallow the contract in whole. They could be able to negotiate the draft compensation down as a result, especially if there are other players on the Ducks who they prefer to retain salary on.

I don't have any issues with Drury at 4C, however. If they're going to improve that position, I agree with BDC's point about a right-handed defensive center like Jake Evans.

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
That happens to ever team. However for the most part the D collapsed and shut down the Sharks. Im not as concerned about breaks aways and small lapses, the sign of a bad D is when the other team can get to a cycle in your zone and all you can do is chase them until they score. Kinda like our offense did a few times. When they can prevent that from happening which they did that greatly increases your chance of winning.
Can't agree entirely on this point...if you only give up 10 chances but they're all breakaway/high-danger chances, that's not really good D either. I'd rather allow a large quantity of low-danger shots than a low quantity of high-danger shots.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019

No NHL team has a 'perfect' defense. There will always be some holes and lapses. My point is for the last 3 games it was no longer slug fests like it was the prior games.

Our D has gotten better. Is it perfect? No, but I don't expect it to be perfect. If it was perfect it would play mistake free hockey all game and all season.

Our D was not perfect last year. The key is it has improved from the prior 6 games and it started in TB. There have been no more implosions (where our D would give up like 3 or 4 goals in a period, which happened every game on the road trip, with exception of TB.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad