GDT: sharkcar

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Also, the Sharks look bad. Bad bad. They never had any sustained pressure, just a shot or two at a time, their defense let us set up whatever passing schemes we wanted, they didn't have any real physicality- just nothin'. I don't know how the hell the Sharks expect to pull themselves out of this, and I'm genuinely wondering if they can give the '74-75 Caps and the '30-31 Quakers a run for their money.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Also, the Sharks look bad. Bad bad. They never had any sustained pressure, just a shot or two at a time, their defense let us set up whatever passing schemes we wanted, they didn't have any real physicality- just nothin'. I don't know how the hell the Sharks expect to pull themselves out of this, and I'm genuinely wondering if they can give the '74-75 Caps and the '30-01 Quakers a run for their money.
Their poor goalie was easily their best player. Damn near their only player.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
RBA talking in the presser about how Jarvis is going to continue to improve at faceoffs as he gets older and gets more reps at it, gets timing down, etc. Is he quietly becoming a long term option at center? Really kinda sounds like it.
AHO back to wing? He started out taking face offs early but down the stretch it was Jarvis.

Reactions: zman77

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Not that Drury hasn’t really earned his spot, but looking at this current roster, man if they could find an upgrade this could be a legitimate 4 line team.

They threw out a few different line combos late. Noesen, Drury, Jarvis for a bit, pretty sure SAT took a shift or two, Bunting took a few shifts on the “4th line” I believe.

Super happy for Turbo so far this season. I’ve always been one of his biggest fans. The guy just put up a hat trick playing 4th line ES minutes. Hopefully he continues his current play and gets rewarded with same or more opportunity now that they’ve got a healthy roster. And my god whatever they do please continue to give him a spot on his offside, it’s where he’s always been his best and one of the reasons SAT worked so well.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Not that Drury hasn’t really earned his spot, but looking at this current roster, man if they could find an upgrade this could be a legitimate 4 line team.

They threw out a few different line combos late. Noesen, Drury, Jarvis for a bit, pretty sure SAT took a shift or two, Bunting took a few shifts on the “4th line” I believe.

Super happy for Turbo so far this season. I’ve always been one of his biggest fans. The guy just put up a hat trick playing 4th line ES minutes. Hopefully he continues his current play and gets rewarded with same or more opportunity now that they’ve got a healthy roster. And my god whatever they do please continue to give him a spot on his offside, it’s where he’s always been his best and one of the reasons SAT worked so well.
Pono, Suzuki?

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Pono, Suzuki?
That’s what I’m thinking, if they can manage to get a look.

If health isn’t an issue I think Henrique would look pretty damn good between Noesen and Turbo if ANA is willing to move him at some point. Total Rod type player to me, I think he would fit right in.

Leadership, solid 2 way game, not afraid to get to the boards, has the smarts to play with someone like Turbo. To me that’s the little kind of move that can really put a roster like Carolinas over the top.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

If the "weakness" of our team is 4C, that's not exactly a weakness. Also, Drury's been very good from an expected goals perspective as a 4th liner.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
If the "weakness" of our team is 4C, that's not exactly a weakness. Also, Drury's been very good from an expected goals perspective as a 4th liner.
Does it become a weakness when, one of your teams current leading goal scorers or biggest offensive threats gets bumped to the 4th line and their offense suddenly dries up?

I’m not saying is a necessity or anything but when this roster is healthy Drury is the weakest link. If there’s a fairly simple, somewhat cost effective way to upgrade that weakest link the option is there to make the chain much stronger.

Put a player like Henrique between Noesen and Turbo and that’s no longer a 4th line. They might play 4th line minutes, but not really a 4th line by NHL standards is it? Jack “who the f is that guy” Drury doesn’t really have the same effect does he?

And yes, I’d say they’re doing alright if that’s their weakness.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Does it become a weakness when, one of your teams current leading goal scorers or biggest offensive threats gets bumped to the 4th line and their offense suddenly dries up?

I’m not saying is a necessity or anything but when this roster is healthy Drury is the weakest link. If there’s a fairly simple, somewhat cost effective way to upgrade that weakest link the option is there to make the chain much stronger.

Put a player like Henrique between Noesen and Turbo and that’s no longer a 4th line. They might play 4th line minutes, but not really a 4th line by NHL standards is it? Jack “who the f is that guy” Drury doesn’t really have the same effect does he?

And yes, I’d say they’re doing alright if that’s their weakness.

If there’s an issue with the fourth line, Drury ain’t it. I present a tale of two games:

Reactions: DaveG

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
We saw a stacked 4th line 2 years ago with Kotkaniemi centering Necas or Domi. It was a total dud. It’s probably hard to find a rhythm playing 8-9 minutes a game 5v5.

A different 4th line center could be useful. Some added speed and additional faceoff efficiency, preferably from a RHC, would add some missing elements down there. A Jake Evans type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad