Confirmed with Link: Sharangovich + 3rd Round pick traded for Tyler Toffoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I thought we had CBJ’s third from the Severson deal? Cap Friendly doesn’t list us as having a 3rd rounder this year.

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
Great value. Basically got your trade deadline acquisition for the entire season and training camp for two players you weren't bringing back in Sharangovich and Severson.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
TT is RW, and going back last season (and beyond), so are Bratt, Mercer and Holtz. And it would seem he clearly will play alongside Hischier or Hughes. Thus, this acquisition for me signals some combination of the following:

- Mercer goes to 3C and Haula on Hughes wing, then maybe Holtz on Mercer’s right with someone else on the left
- Mercer down to 3RW alongside Haula and someone else on the left, with Bratt and TT flanking Hischier/Hughes
- Holtz is in Utica or traded (in which case maybe another stopgap 1 yr vet ala JVR is brought onboard for a relatively cheap price)

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Toffoli-Hughes-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Holtz/Boqvist
Lazar/Foote-McLeod-Bastian/Boqvist

3RW is open.

If you play good enough you earn a spot. Nothing stopping Toffoli from playing on a 3rd line if Holtz has a good camp. Palat Haula Toffoli could be a really good 3rd line if Holtz can make the top 6.

Reactions: OlfactoryHughes

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
I thought we had CBJ’s third from the Severson deal? Cap Friendly doesn’t list us as having a 3rd rounder this year.

we traded our 3rd this year in the Marino-Smith deal

this 3rd is the one from the Severson deal so we are now back to no 3rds

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
TT is RW, and going back last season (and beyond), so are Bratt, Mercer and Holtz. And it would seem he clearly will play alongside Hischier or Hughes. Thus, this acquisition for me signals some combination of the following:

- Mercer goes to 3C and Haula on Hughes wing, then maybe Holtz on Mercer’s right with someone else on the left
- Mercer down to 3RW alongside Haula and someone else on the left, with Bratt and TT flanking Hischier/Hughes
- Holtz is in Utica or traded (in which case maybe another stopgap 1 yr vet ala JVR is brought onboard for a relatively cheap price)
Doesn’t mean this at all. Bratt is a left shot who is fully capable of playing LW. I’d imagine that he does and Mercer and Toffoli are your top RW’s

Reactions: MichaelJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad