Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Whoa. This one came out of left field.

We have a deeeep forward corps right now. My immediate questions are:

- How will Toffoli's mobility translate to our speed-transition game? You make this deal 10/10, just wondering how this meshes. The fact that this is Toffoli's last year on his deal if anything is a plus for the flexibility.
- And what does this mean for Holtz? Where is he going to crack the roster at this point?

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Definitely. They are going to sign Rango for like 3 years, 3.4 million and get a guy who pots 20 for the next three years. Plus a third round pick. All they lose is a rental who wasn't re-signing.
I dunno, another solid year like last one and Toffoli is worth a late 1st at the deadline. I.e. package him with someone and you might get the Zajac+Palmieri return.

Reactions: glenwo2

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Whoa. This one came out of left field.

We have a deeeep forward corps right now. My immediate questions are:

- How will Toffoli's mobility translate to our speed-transition game?
- And what does this mean for Holtz? Where is he going to crack the roster at this point?
Do have to wonder if a Holtz trade to recoup assets would make sense. Our top 6/9 where he kind of would need to play is pretty damn full.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I dunno, another solid year like last one and Toffoli is worth a late 1st at the deadline. I.e. package him with someone and you might get the Zajac+Palmieri return.

That's not really significantly better than a third + Rango. Highly likelihood a late first doesn't even become Rango, tbh.

Plus, i don't think that this team wants to rebuild (Kadri and Huberdeau impact that), so Rango is probably appealing.

TheNeutralZone

Mar 3, 2012
New Jersey
draftpick.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad