Player Discussion: Shane Prince

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
1 goal in his last 42 games. Hasn't scored since 12/31/16.
For me he is one of those kids you want to succeed. If our team is going to be better we need better players. He will get a look somewhere next year. My guess a 1 year deal somewhere else next year. If we qualify him cap friendly says its for $945,000. He doesn't seem worth the roster spot unless he really steps up starting with his next game. Roster spots right now are available to those deserving . LGI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Shane Prince can walk the day his contract expires. Does anyone think we can't find another forward to replace him?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For me he is one of those kids you want to succeed. If our team is going to be better we need better players. He will get a look somewhere next year. My guess a 1 year deal somewhere else next year. If we qualify him cap friendly says its for $945,000. He doesn't seem worth the roster spot unless he really steps up starting with his next game. Roster spots right now are available to those deserving . LGI

He's at the stage now where he's not worth it because there's little chance he'll improve and someone younger provides the same thing he does, but might improve. Happens to a lot of guys in the NHL and the AHL.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

And just got one.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Would let him go because I'd only pay him 750K at most. If we make the playoffs though, he was solid there.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I think the CBA screws guys like prince out of a job. The fact that the islanders are forced to give him a raise in order to keep him, makes him expendable. If they were able to resign him for a year at $500k, I’d say he’s worth keeping, at close to $1,000,000 no thanks. There are cheaper, younger options.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Did that scare worse than our embarrassing president calling your country Normay LOL

Actually yes :) What is worse, three more years of Trump or three more years of Prince...??
The "more immigrants from Norway" bit was fun though as more Americans move here to settle than the other way round ;-)

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Actually yes :) What is worse, three more years of Trump or three more years of Prince...??
The "more immigrants from Norway" bit was fun though as more Americans move here to settle than the other way round ;-)

No one is leaving Norway, if you can put up with winter and like the fjords, no one is leaving,

I would be OK with the Isles signing Jared Boll for a JT type contract if that meant Trump was back on the Apprentice by New Year's 2019

Reactions: IslesNorway

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I'm a fan.

I think we're finally starting to see this guy get back to where he was before all the injuries and Capuano scratches. He's gotten better every game so far this year and still think he's a player that can actually help make our bottom 6 great again.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
apparently Princes flight was late because of a plane issue as it was said on an interview yesterday, so I probably shouldn't have bumped it

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I actually think he's been okay in the matches I've seen. Won't set the world alight but his main problem is that he is not really good at any one thing. If he had one trait that make him valuable he'd be perfectly fine for a bottom role

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad