Player Discussion: Shane Prince

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Great signing. Very good young player - so I hope he's prepared to watch a LOT of games from the pressbox cuz, if everyone else is healthy, there's no way Flintstone is scratching one of the vets (ie: Chimmer or Kulemin) for him.

Reactions: dood

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
cool deal with me man....... ( like my opinion matters.....)
ive only seen the kid screw up one play since he came to long island. he is quickly becoming one of my favorite islanders.
i say give him number 51, too replace my former favorite islanders player.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Anyone have an eerie feeling Prince is gonna be next year's scapegoat when things go wrong?

Why would Prince be the scapegoat? I can think of so many others that would get the finger pointed at them before him. Plus he's got a hot sister, he'll get some leeway just for that. :laugh:

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Anyone have an eerie feeling Prince is gonna be next year's scapegoat when things go wrong?

No, he doesn't have any glaring holes besides being small.

I think the isles bottom six is still pretty damn talented.

Chimera-cizikas-clutterbuck
Kulemin-quine-prince/bailey

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
good stuff. i think he will surprise, and become a middle-sixer. even though he is smallish, he does take the body when needed, and seems to be ok with taking hits/slipping them.

he reads the play well, works hard, and has decent skills.

Last edited:

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
good stuff. i think he will surprise, and become a middle-sixer. even though he is smallish, he does take the body when needed, and seems to be ok with taking hits/slipping them.

he reads the play well, works hard, and has decent skills.

Not afraid to shoot either.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Prince is a sneaky kind of guy who gives it every shift. Not someone I think people are counting on to be the go to secondary scoring, bu should chip in 15 some odd goals this year.

Glad we kept him around. For a third round pick we traded I can't complain.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
As long as his effort level is always there I'm ok. His cap hit is important - you need middle depth that costs less but keeps the puck moving in the right direction.

Has anyone posted our updated roster cap hit yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad