Newsday: Shane Prince is showing Islanders he’s worth the risk

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Guy is quietly putting together quite a strong playoffs. Outside of JT and Frans, I think he's been our most consistent skater (consistently good, that is).

Last night expecially, he was great. Great pickup Garth, this kids good!

Last edited:

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
He's the turbocharger we needed. As his game matures, I think he'll have 2nd line upside. Is a very solid possession player, flys like the wind, relentless forechecker. Hopefully his possession can translate to more high quality chances and goals, all in time...

For a 3rd Round pick at the deadline, this looks like one of the savvier Garth pick ups.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
The idea I initially got on Prince was "Conacher +." Wouldn't set the world on fire, but would hold his own as a 13th forward.

Now I'm not so sure. He's got a far better motor, his shot is between similar or much better, and he's got better instincts.

He'll have an NHL career in someone's top-9. The harder he works, the better off we are it's in ours, at least for now.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
A little bit of Shawn Bates to his game. He's been good, but we're starting to rely on a lot of smallish players -- Hickey, Prince, Quine, Strome (plays small).

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
As long as he plays with jam I am ok, but for him to stick we still need to move some of the Lilliputians on this club. We are losing Hamonic and Okposo, not that Okposo was much more than a Lilliputian in a slightly bigger person's body, but the exchange rate we are on where we lose big guys and accept tiny guys is just killing us for when we meet big physical clubs.

Enough small fries. Somehow Florida managed to add a bunch of size to their roster over the past 5 years. WTF is this organization's problem?

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
What I wouldn't do to put Prince's brain and hands in a forward with Kulemin's size. It would make a more useful Okposo.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He now has more points since being acquired than Eric Staal. So many people complained about this deadline pickup, ha.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
watching the Nash / ducks game ... anyone that tries to body Weber they just end up bouncing off and falling down ...would like to see lavys club win

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
A little bit of Shawn Bates to his game. He's been good, but we're starting to rely on a lot of smallish players -- Hickey, Prince, Quine, Strome (plays small).

Yes!

with some Jason Blake thrown in.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
By the way, Shane Prince looks like Michael Dowd from The Seven Five.....

05cb8de38db81e2d3edb7130f61b3f2c56363c19.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad