News Article: Shane Pinto suspended 41 games for violating gambling rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
The team can't even afford to sign him to a QO right now to start his suspension, because even 0.775M of dead weight puts us over the cap. What a shit show.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach and Agent Zub

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Apparently he wasn’t gambling on hockey, but other sports.

I think this is ridiculous if that’s the case. These leagues are fully in bed with sports betting. Why can’t a hockey player make a football parlay?

Billionaire owners happy to take in the millions in new revenue, though.
Gambling is an illness, I hope he learns from this.

Dorion rocks and Brannstrom sucks!

Why just to wake up L'Aveuglette. It's late get up we need you here

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
You would think a league minimum 1 year contract would be announced any second?

The clock doesn't start ticking on the suspension until he signs. Probably best to sign asap so he can come and join the team the last 30 games or so for a playoff push?

Pinto should want to sign anything to get another season accrued for his benefit + he wants some income, right?
They don't have the cap space. They'd have to send JBD down, but can't because Zub is hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
1698334708483.png

Also the height of hilarity that the Sens helmet sponsor is Betway :laugh:
Pinto should sue the NHL

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Sure, but it’s the height of hypocrisy. How many betting ads do you see during a game?

Bettman will Bettman though. Purity for thee but not for me.
The obvious difference is that me placing a bet sitting on my couch can't influence the outcome of a game, whereas a player can.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
These quotes make it sound like the team knew, didn't leak anything about the investigation despite being absolutely clobbered by the fanbase and media about the "holdout".
To the point that our own owner didn’t know? And purposely mislead the fan base ? I doubt that. Maybe Dorion didn’t tell him? Which would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad