News Article: Shane Pinto suspended 41 games for violating gambling rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Oh well. Guess all the trade talk can settle down.

Question: Do we still need to sign him to contract before Dec. 1 to make him eligible for the rest of the season?

Looking more and more like a lost season for Shane Pinto. Or maybe Switzerland?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I guess we should assume the Senators knew something about this? Is there a chance that is why they weren't making moves?

On the flip side, it would be much better to have him signed and get this thing going.

What a circus!

Reactions: Icelevel

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Oh well. Guess all the trade talk can settle down.

Question: Do we still need to sign him to contract before Dec. 1 to make him eligible for the rest of the season?

Looking more and more like a lost season for Shane Pinto. Or maybe Switzerland?
He needs to sign a contract to start serving his suspension. I don't think he can play in Europe while he's suspended, if he has an NHL contract.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I guess we should assume the Senators knew something about this? Is there a chance that is why they weren't making moves?

On the flip side, it would be much better to have him signed and get this thing going.

What a circus!
They rescinded all offers today, so if they knew they were still trying to sign him

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He needs to sign a contract to start serving his suspension. I don't think he can play in Europe while he's suspended, if he has an NHL contract.
Doesn't that mean we can just sign him at whatever he wants, and he won't have a cap hit until 41 games from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad