Shane McMahon (General Discussion & WM32 Match Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They can always change the canvas during a video package or Hall of Fame recap.

There will already be something to cool the crowd and give them time to get the cage out of there and clean up so they could change the canvas too.

Also who knows. This could actually go last since it's already the highest stakes match of the night.

S A W F T*

I highly doubt he learned how to use the kick in the first week of training. That's probably the first day of him practicing it.

Yep.

Also, I doubt that's him practicing that kick for a match. He's probably just demonstrating that he's going a lot of agility training.

Still an ugly ass kick, lol. Hope he doesn't blow out a knee only to return the next week.

S A W F T*

WWE released their Notice of Annual Meeting of Stockholders and Proxy Statement on Wednesday. In the report, the company released how much Shane McMahon is being paid for his return to the company.

Shane B. McMahon is the son of Vincent McMahon and brother of Stephanie McMahon. Shane McMahon is a former executive officer and performer with the Company. In 2016, Shane McMahon returned as a performer for the Company. While no agreement has been reached at this time, the Company anticipates that Shane McMahon will receive in excess of $120,000 for these services which will be disclosed in next year’s proxy statement.

The report also revealed how much the company’s top executives were paid in 2015:

* Vince McMahon – Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: $3.3 million

* Michelle Wilson – Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer: $4.5 million

* George Barrios – Chief Strategy & Financial Officer: $4.5 million

* Paul Levesque – EVP, Talent, Live Events & Creative: $3.1 million

* Kevin Dunn – Executive Producer & Chief Global Television Production: $4.7 million

S A W F T*

Vince also has to have some ridiculous stock options . I'm sure he takes a "lower salary" for some type of tax benefit although I'm no financial expert.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Those numbers include stock awards, which make up the majority of the totals. Willson, Barrios, and Dunn all got about $3m each in stock. Most of Vince's income is from dividends, almost $19m last year. He owns 51% so it's expected.

HHH gets $1.7m for being a wrestler. If he wasn't getting that I'm sure they'd just pay him more for doing other stuff so it's a non-thing.

But the numbers here are really meaningless. They all do important jobs in a very big company, they rightfully get paid very well for their work.

S A W F T*

Those numbers include stock awards, which make up the majority of the totals. Willson, Barrios, and Dunn all got about $3m each in stock. Most of Vince's income is from dividends, almost $19m last year. He owns 51% so it's expected.

HHH gets $1.7m for being a wrestler. If he wasn't getting that I'm sure they'd just pay him more for doing other stuff so it's a non-thing.

But the numbers here are really meaningless. They all do important jobs in a very big company, they rightfully get paid very well for their work.

Agreed. I mainly posted that for the Shane part... figured the executive pay would be of interest as well so I kept it in.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Something that should be noted in all these numbers being reported is that at some point Shane sold off all, or most, of his stock. Him and Stephanie were given a bunch years ago, but only Stephanie shows up in the list of top owners (she has 2.5%, having sold some to fund building a house last year).

Doesn't mean much, but still.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So how bad were Shane's ideas? I mean the tv put out by WWE has for the most part been very mediocre/borderline nonsensical/same repeated authority angle at nauseum since Shane left. How much worse could it have been?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So how bad were Shane's ideas? I mean the tv put out by WWE has for the most part been very mediocre/borderline nonsensical/same repeated authority angle at nauseum since Shane left. How much worse could it have been?

Because Shane is a Russo-supporter, people don't tend to give Shane the benefit of the doubt. Russo is pretty good when there's someone to filter his stuff. If Shane can fill that role like Vince had then it wouldn't be much of an issue. Honestly, the one big difference I could see is how Shane would've handled someone like Heyman when he had creative power. I think Shane would be a lot more willing to work with him than Vince or Steph was. Shane doesn't seem to have the same hard-line boss tactics vibe that Vince and Steph do.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The way I understood the reports was that Shane just doesn't have a head for the wrestling business like Steph and HHH do, and he was harder to work with. People inside the company seem to vastly prefer the others to him.

Note that he wasn't part of creative like Steph was ages back.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The way I understood the reports was that Shane just doesn't have a head for the wrestling business like Steph and HHH do, and he was harder to work with. People inside the company seem to vastly prefer the others to him.

Note that he wasn't part of creative like Steph was ages back.

He doesn't need to be part of it really. And Steph being a part of it never helped anything. Shane would likely be the guy that hired a group to do the creative and let it happen. I find it hard to believe that after all Shane has done and the time spent within the company that he doesn't have a head for the business. He probably doesn't have the same look at it that others do but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a head for it. Until he's put in a position to do anything, we'll never know and that's probably how it'll stay.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Never said he didn't have a head for it, just that Steph and HHH are better. But the reports are like I said, Shane is considered the worse option. I really can't say anymore than that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Never said he didn't have a head for it, just that Steph and HHH are better. But the reports are like I said, Shane is considered the worse option. I really can't say anymore than that.

Where are you getting this, because I've seen and read shoot interviews and discussions over the years that go on that Vince and Steph are out of touch and Steph treats the talent like **** and that Shane has a good head for the business and a better option then Steph.

Honestly the only person I never see get buried by squabbles seem to be HHH. He is almost universally praised, but there definitely isn't universal praise for Vince or Steph.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Meltzer's mouth, on his show when he showed up the other week.

"almost everybody that I know personally liked Shane over Stephanie" but "when it came to ideas when it came to wrestling...when it came to wrestling angles, it was like Stephanie & Paul are so far ahead of him that it's not even funny."

And

Shane legitimately felt he would be the 4th generation McMahon to run the WWF/E but Stephanie had surpassed him due to her "product knowledge." Apparently everyone knew this but him. Vince ended up making it very clear that Triple H & Steph would run the company over him and that's why he quit.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd say just Paul is the creative guy behind that duo. When Stephanie was head of creative and HHH was just an active competitor, it wasn't good.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Since Shane left how many baby face versus the authority angles have been run? How many times has HHH/Steph lost power only to be back next week or month in the exact same role?

How much worse could Shane's ideas have been?

Could he have gone with something different? WWE has had moments where it is literally unwatchable.

I just find it difficult to believe that Shane would have been worse than this crap.

Is this just a further example of politicking on behalf of the power couple?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How does Shane being here change the fact that Vince is here? The constant complains are aimed at him, and HHH is constantly praised. Shane changes nothing.

S A W F T*

So Kane has been off TV awhile......

Anyone see him running in and ripping the door off the cell again and turning on Taker?

Yes I know they were just a team months ago..... but WWE could WWE and Kane could align with Shane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad