Shane McMahon (General Discussion & WM32 Match Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S A W F T*

Thoughts on his character...?

Watching some older stuff and I thought Shane was awesome back then and now even to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hard to dislike Shane. When he wrestled he left nothing in the ring and I quite enjoyed the character even when not getting suplexed on his head.

If any McMahon had to be on my TV once a week I pick Shane 10 times out of 10.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I miss Shane so much.
He would be a much better authority figure than Stephanie.

At the very least...
He would not emasculate every single wrestler there...
Since he would be able to take bumps...
In order to satisfy people's desire to see just desserts...
And to put over talents.

Stephanie really need to stay in a backstage role...
Where she is not ever seen on screen.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
He worked damn hard to prove to everybody that he wasn't just the boss' son.

anigif_original-grid-image-9974-1411604747-14.gif

tumblr_m2g8wps4G11qi3n2ho1_500.gif

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Had a good character but I'll always respect him for the bumps he was willing to take. Some of those were insane

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
KOTR 2001 went terribly. It was a great ppv, but Austin, Shane and Angle all got seriously injured. Austin hurt his hand bumping off an announce table. Meanwhile, Shane obviously suffered the concussion to end all concussions and Angle broke his tailbone on a suplex on the entranceway concrete. You can tell he was hurting and he still does an Angle slam from the top. Angle's crazy, and so is Shane.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I watched shane drop off the titatron when i was just a kid. I couldn't believe what i saw. I knew it HAD to be planned but i was like...holy **** how..what?..there's no bounce house at the bottom, how the **** did that just happen?

That alone should get shane in the HoF honestly. That and the match with angle.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
With the Big Show one...
Shane actually missed...
So he took the full brunt of the impact.
:amazed:

Man...
The man truly is crazy...
And the company would be better for it.
:bow:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Shane > Steph, definitely.

I find her to be incredibly grating on the ears, with her banshee wails, and shrill voice.

Shane's got better theme song as well, and while his girly little dance is still tough to watch, overall he's still more tolerable. :laugh:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
As others have said, he was good for taking amazing bumps and cutting decent promos but that was about it. Definitely think he's being a bit overhyped merely because we haven't seen him in a while. When he was on TV more consistently, I do remember being a bit tired of him though this was when he was a babyface which is a role he's not good at compared to being a snarky heel.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I remember that guy taking some nasty bumps during his in ring career. Dude sacrificed his own well being for the sake of the show.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Code:
I remember that guy taking some nasty bumps during his in ring career. Dude sacrificed his own well being for the sake of the show.

What made Shane insane (and special) is that he didn't need to. He could've stayed protected and wrapped in bubble wrap and still be rich as all hell.

The fact that he knew he could play it safe but didn't is what makes me like him even more.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have nothing but respect for the guy. He could have mailed it in and just taken money... but the guy was driven to do crazy things and be the best he could. Personally.. that's why I think he's interested in his own stuff. He doesn't want the shadow of his father, but wants to be better.

I have nothing but respect for the guy.

S A W F T*

I have nothing but respect for the guy. He could have mailed it in and just taken money... but the guy was driven to do crazy things and be the best he could. Personally.. that's why I think he's interested in his own stuff. He doesn't want the shadow of his father, but wants to be better.

I have nothing but respect for the guy.

Maybe when he's done with the corporate world in 10ish years and Vince is hopefully too old... Shane will come back.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maybe when he's done with the corporate world in 10ish years and Vince is hopefully too old... Shane will come back.

I just don't see it happening. In his recent interviews, it just sounds like he's more into the corporate world and doing big things. Weirdly, I was never a big fan of Shane, but I don't know anyone who didn't have respect for him, ya know?

Definitely a good thread and I can't wait til people post more videos.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Always loved Shane. Me and my friends in any wrestling game we have played have always created a blue shirt Shane McMahon based off the WWF No Mercy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg