Injury Report: Shane Doan Cleared to Return

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Channel 3 has reported that it's not the flu and he's undergone blood tests. In the meantime, he's in quite a bit of pain and could be out for a while.

I hope he's OK! It's just not the same without the captain. :(

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I have no idea what that means, so I won't speculate. Hopefully it's nothing major and he's feeling fit soon.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Don't tell the main board. They'll think he's faking.

I really hope he's back for next week's Atlantic division road trip. Really wanted to see him beat that sad excuse of a captain in Toronto in person.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Almost sounds like some kind of staph infection. Get better Shane.
My aunt got this from her hip surgery- VERY painful, ended up being MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections).

Remember this is just an opinion and speculation, NOTHING about my statement should be construed to suggest that Doan has this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You know it has to be pretty bad to sideline him this long.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
From the team website - and this is...not what one wants to read:

“He’s still not going to be available for the foreseeable future,†Tippett said of Doan, who leads the team with 12 goals and is tied for second with 23 points. “He’s still getting some tests done so hopefully it’s not long-term.â€

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
My aunt got this from her hip surgery- VERY painful, ended up being MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections).

Remember this is just an opinion and speculation, NOTHING about my statement should be construed to suggest that Doan has this.

Yes very painful. My brother got it and he couldn't move a muscle without whimpering in pain. Very scary stuff. I just remember tons of blood tests which is pretty common for any hospital visit really. It would make sense because it takes a while to get rid of it and it can normally be contracted through an open wound. Which all hockey players have.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
stumbled on this at the end of the cbssports.com recap of the Isles game...a little better:

" But the Coyotes settled down the rest of the way amid some reason for optimism for the Coyotes regarding Doan, who has undergone a series of tests since being sidelined.

Coyotes Coach Dave Tippett said it was possible he will accompany the team on a trip to eastern Canada starting Tuesday. "

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
stumbled on this at the end of the cbssports.com recap of the Isles game...a little better:

" But the Coyotes settled down the rest of the way amid some reason for optimism for the Coyotes regarding Doan, who has undergone a series of tests since being sidelined.

Coyotes Coach Dave Tippett said it was possible he will accompany the team on a trip to eastern Canada starting Tuesday. "
That's very good news!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad