Injury Report: Shane Doan Cleared to Return

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Thank you hockey gods!!! Now please let him pick up where he left off!!!

Yeah, I want some PP goals. We don't have 2 PP units without Doan on the roster. So when the first unit isn't clicking we are hosed like last night.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Thank. God.

Agreed - glad my 5-6 game prediction is not true. The only bad thing that could come of it is if he tries to go too soon and he winds up needing more time to deal with the fatigue, etc.

Also, it is probably pretty fortunate that he is a professional athlete and had the care of the team doctors to figure out what it was very early in the process.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Glad to hear this news! Glad he is OK, just hope he isn't rushing back. Might have to take a few games of less ice time because of fatigue, but hopefully him coming back just changes the mood of the team. Last night was a joke, and I never want to watch something like that again.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Great News; hope he ll pick up where he left off, that the illness hasn't sapped any of his strength.

Tippett was just gushing about his importance to the team:
Dave Tippett said:
There's two sides to [his absence]. One is the on-ice part, what you get out of him. He's one of our top players. He creates chances. He's a bull in a China shop out there. He's just a hard guy to play against. So there's the on-ice part of it.
... ...
And then the off-ice part of it is the leadership he brings in our dressing room. From a coach's standpoint, having a guy like that in your locker room just is invaluable because you know the messages he's sending in there goes right to the whole group. He has so much respect in there.
http://arizonasports.com/43/1689274...sed-Shane-Doans-onice-presence-and-leadership

If the assessment is right on, then the team should get a huge jump with him in the lineup again. Guys like Rib, Hanz and DMo should be picking up their games as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->