Prospect Info: Shane Bowers - C [via trade with Ottawa Senators]

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't see his prospect profile, so decided to make one.
Shane-Bowers.png

Shane Bowers at eliteprospects.com

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
A little disconcerting that his offensive numbers have dropped off a bit this season, but he should be a solid bottom 6er for us going forward.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Obviously I want Bowers signed, but I wish there was a way we could sign him and have him go back and play one more year at BU.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Seems like Bowers might have more offence to him than I originally thought. Sneaky shot, happy to go to the danger areas. I'd be interested to see how he does in the AHL for a year but also think he might end up winning the 4C spot, for better or for worse. Hoping we get to watch him RoR his way up the lineup over the next few years.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I think Shane makes the AHL next year. 4th line seems pretty reasonable for him right now. Many people seem to underestimate him in my opinion. He played fairly well for the World Junior team in my opinion and chipped in on the 2nd and 3rd line as well. Pretty sure Tim Hunter liked what he saw. Personally think he should’ve taken the QMJHL route but everytime he was asked why he made the decision he did he said “I think it will be better for my development”. Cape Breton wasted their 4th overall pick on him and Saint John wasted a 2nd Round Pick. Also he could’ve had a M-Cup Run this season with them or another team. He seemed like the right player ever since his Major Bantam/Midget years to take that route but he thought differently. Hope he signs and has a great future with Colorado though looking forward to seeing what he brings!

Reactions: Pokecheque

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Whats his ceiling? Like where do people see him in a year, year and a half?

Next season:

AHL. Start off low on the depth chart probably. 2C with the Eagles by this time next year. Might push for a call-up as a 4C.

Following season(2020-21):

Ready to claim an NHL job. Regular 4C who works his way up to 3C.

Overall, I see him with the potential to be a very good 3C. He has such a strong two-way game. Smart player. The offense doesn’t come through in spades, but there are such few other holes that would prevent him from being a very good bottom 6er.

I know people want him to be more than that, but imagine having a Mike Ricci type center for many years. Great asset to have down the middle.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
How does this affect his expansion draft status?

I think if he signes an ATO and finishes the year with the Eagles he's good. Then his ECL can kick in over the summer. Depends on which month he was born in and those rules are too murky for me to navigate.

Read somewhere that the signing kicks in on July 1st so right now he would just be on an ATO which means that he should be exempt, I believe.

That was Mile High Sports who reported that. I'd be looking for a more concrete source.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Great news and expect him to eventually play 3C. Contract beginning in the summer is fantastic to protect against the expansion draft and gets some ATO games.

"The Colorado Avalanche have signed 2017 first-round pick Shane Bowers to an entry-level contract starting on July 1st, 2019."

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great news and expect him to eventually play 3C. Contract beginning in the summer is fantastic to protect against the expansion draft and gets some ATO games.

"The Colorado Avalanche have signed 2017 first-round pick Shane Bowers to an entry-level contract starting on July 1st, 2019."

Where's this from?

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Does he take Soda’s spot after next season? Soda has one year left on his contract and I imagine Bowers will play in the minors next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad