Confirmed with Link: Shanahan, Dubas, Keefe all staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You're right the only thing we can prove is that Dubas and Keefe haven't gotten out of the first round and are therefore abject failures so they should both be fired.

The person who "lives in hypotheticals" more then anyone is you when you twist yourself into pretzels trying to justify the only thing that has been proven so far. That so far Dubas can't build a team that can get out of the first round of the NHL playoffs

Once again are you excited to wear your Dubas Sudbury wolves jersey?
Why would there be a Dubas Sudbury Wolves jersey?
Also, haven't is different than can't. They ( at this point anyway) will have another chance to get out of the first round this coming season.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So losing vs CBJ and then collapsing with a 3-1 lead over MTL....hard questions should have been asked then and if not then, certainly after being up 3-2 this year right?

You can't keep kicking the can down the road a bit.

You can't tinker, you need to do some actual significant moves.

Yep.. honestly some similarities with Sakic and a Colorado .. Dubas needs to hit a homer with his own “Duchene” trade to retool the core IMO.

Funny parallel is that Sakic didnt do well ROR trwde in hindsight, which is akin to the Kadri deal

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yep.. honestly some similarities with Sakic and a Colorado .. Dubas needs to hit a homer with his own “Duchene” trade to retool the core IMO.

Funny parallel is that Sakic didnt do well ROR trwde in hindsight, which is akin to the Kadri deal

Yea, Sakic got a lot better though...even Yzerman had a couple of crummy deals early on, remember Anders Lindback??

I will push back on the guys who think rainbows come out of Dubas's *** and I do think in a results oriented environment, he probably shouldn't be employed.

That being said, he's gotten better at the job for sure but he cannot be afraid to make changes now, not making a change to the core is insanity.

Just win or at least, break even on the trade, sometimes new faces etc is good.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yea, Sakic got a lot better though...even Yzerman had a couple of crummy deals early on, remember Anders Lindback??

I will push back on the guys who think rainbows come out of Dubas's *** and I do think in a results oriented environment, he probably shouldn't be employed.

That being said, he's gotten better at the job for sure but he cannot be afraid to make changes now, not making a change to the core is insanity.

Just win or at least, break even on the trade, sometimes new faces etc is good.

Basically how I feel. He’s probably been the most adaptive GM we’ve seen in terms of altering his approach but his loyalty to his core guys could find him out of a job.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
that's what we'll hear next year at their end of season press conference just like the last several
We might if we don't win, but if we do win we might hear how a succsessful process worked. Or something completely different.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Basically how I feel. He’s probably been the most adaptive GM we’ve seen in terms of altering his approach but his loyalty to his core guys could find him out of a job.
And what will happen next? He took them over at the end of their ELC and worked them right to UFA in the next 2 years.
All without even winning a playoff round.
Now we stand on the cusp on the 3rd level contracts. Are you going to do the exact same thing but at higher dollar.

This has been argued about 3 guys making 11 million. You need to balance a couple of guys up front, a couple on D and a solid, dependable goalie. It’s much easier to fill around a core of that hits each major area than all the money on 4 forwards.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
You're right the only thing we can prove is that Dubas and Keefe haven't gotten out of the first round and are therefore abject failures so they should both be fired.

The person who "lives in hypotheticals" more then anyone is you when you twist yourself into pretzels trying to justify the only thing that has been proven so far. That so far Dubas can't build a team that can get out of the first round of the NHL playoffs

Once again are you excited to wear your Dubas Sudbury wolves jersey?
You guys responding to Dekes are playing right into his trap.

Reactions: hotpaws

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dubas isn't loyal to his core , he just screwed himself by giving Johnny a full nmc and doesn't have the balls to get him to waive.

Trading Willie won't move enough cap to add multiple quality pieces and you don't move elite players like AM/MM so the guy to go should be JT so we'll see if Dubie has grown a pair this off season .

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Dubas isn't loyal to his core , he just screwed himself by giving Johnny a full nmc and doesn't have the balls to get him to waive.

Trading Willie won't move enough cap to add multiple quality pieces and you don't move elite players like AM/MM so the guy to go should be JT so we'll see if Dubie has grown a pair this off season .

You're hatred for him really shows in this conjecture and hurts any merit to the argument. Tavares was getting a full NMC no matter where he went.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You're hatred for him really shows in this conjecture and hurts any merit to the argument. Tavares was getting a full NMC no matter where he went.
which is why Dubas so loyal to him , lol

and i don hate him , i just don't see us winning a cup with JT , the people that hate him are his teammates that get thrown under the bus to make Johnny's light shine brighter

edit-maybe you meant Dubie , anyway we'll see how much his supporters love him once he's gone

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

and i don hate him , i just don't see us winning a cup with him , the people that hate him are his teammates that get thrown under the bus to make Johnny's light shine brighter

Hey I'm with you in that I think moving Tavares is probably the best move this team can make on paper, but I think there are few complications that make it tougher:

1. Finding a team that will take him at $11 mill AAV for the next 3 years.
2. The message it could send to other GTA stars if the Leafs want to sign them.
3. The value that would actually be gained from a trade.

It's why I think Nylander is the more ideal candidate. He's easier to move, higher value because of his age/cap hit, and would garner a better return. BUT it has to be the right return. As you said it can't be a quantity for quality deal. Need to ensure the pieces received are good, like the Duchene trade.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hey I'm with you in that I think moving Tavares is probably the best move this team can make on paper, but I think there are few complications that make it tougher:

1. Finding a team that will take him at $11 mill AAV for the next 3 years.
2. The message it could send to other GTA stars if the Leafs want to sign them.
3. The value that would actually be gained from a trade.

It's why I think Nylander is the more ideal candidate. He's easier to move, higher value because of his age/cap hit, and would garner a better return. BUT it has to be the right return. As you said it can't be a quantity for quality deal. Need to ensure the pieces received are good, like the Duchene trade.
I don't think moving JT will be hard. Off top of my head, there are at least two teams that would be interested in JT, Vegas and Krakens. I think it will be a hockey trade instead of a cap dump trade.
The hard part is JT waiving the NTC.
I also doubt players won't sign with the Leafs anymore bc we traded away JT in order to win.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

and i don hate him , i just don't see us winning a cup with JT , the people that hate him are his teammates that get thrown under the bus to make Johnny's light shine brighter

edit-maybe you meant Dubie , anyway we'll see how much his supporters love him once he's gone
I support Dubas as GM, but if he gets fired, it wouldn't affect me at all.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Pretty premium spare parts, that can't buy you that elite talent back. We need 1on1 but those aren't that common during cap era. How many elite level players have been traded? Hall and it is one of those examples why you don't do that.

Are willing to lose big amount of value in hopes of cashing in on free agency or do you keep your elite asset?
Yea, may has well hang onto all your big money guys.
Maybe next year will be different. Maybe there will be some more good bargains at Flea Agency Market and everything will be fine. Maybe the high end offence won't get neutered in the later games of a playoff series. Can't happen again, right?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yea, may has well hang onto all your big money guys.
Maybe next year will be different. Maybe there will be some more good bargains at Flea Agency Market and everything will be fine. Maybe the high end offence won't get neutered in the later games of a playoff series. Can't happen again, right?
No team loses 7 1st rounds in a row and doesn’t change:
A. The Core
B. The GM
C. The Coach
D. Some or all of the above

Dubas has no contract, Matthews/Nylander will be 1 year UFA. This has to be a no lose year. No ifs, ands or buts.
Lose again and the only press conference should be Shanahan alone saying major changes. Nobody else there.

Reactions: ToneDog

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Thankfully Matthews is happ with the management team returning.

Attachments

• 288194333_3106757142873360_7012098558446722413_n.jpg
    288194333_3106757142873360_7012098558446722413_n.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 6

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
A. The Core
B. The GM
C. The Coach

Dubas has no contract, Matthews/Nylander will be 1 year UFA. This has to be a no lose year. No ifs, ands or buts.
Lose again and the only press conference should be Shanahan alone saying major changes. Nobody else there.

7? geez you're more patient than I am.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
A. The Core
B. The GM
C. The Coach

I would further say that Shanny should be on that bus out of town as well

Reactions: ToneDog and ACC1224

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
A. The Core
B. The GM
C. The Coach

When you got the league MVP and 1st team all star RWer the playoffs should be automatic and losing in round 1 should not be acceptable. Guess the goalie coach took most of the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad