Prospect Info: Shamil Shamkov G (2018 202nd)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Chatted with some people on this and the basic plan is that Mucitelli is going to be with the Stars and Shamkov and Vyletelka are going to compete for the 2nd spot. The loser of the battle will be in Bismark in the NAHL. They have a bit to get it all together, but I'd expect Mucitelli and Shamkov to battle over the #1G spot. Also interestingly was told that Shamkov wasn't offered a contract to stay in Russia, this is probably his best career opportunity to continue going forward and the Avs will have a chance to bring him into the minor league fold real easily next year.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nice to see him coming over to North America. He was impressive at rookie camp. Interesting that he wasn't offered a contract in Russia though, that sounds odd considering how possessive they are about their homegrown players.

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nice to see him coming over to North America. He was impressive at rookie camp. Interesting that he wasn't offered a contract in Russia though, that sounds odd considering how possessive they are about their homegrown players.

If you look at where he's played, he's a bit of a redheaded stepchild and isn't in the preferred light for whatever reason. If he wants to continue his career, coming to NA where the Avs can keep a close on him is a smart idea. Might not lead to anything, might put him in the minors next season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ehhhh, so it says on his EP page that he's on Cedar Rapids RoughRiders now. I haven't paid attention to the USHL training camps, but not sure it is a good look that he was pretty much traded away from one of the worst teams in the USHL.

RoughRiders add goaltender

E: Sounds like he's going to be the starter though since the other goaler is a 2001 born. Additionally, he has grown to 6'8".

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ehhhh, so it says on his EP page that he's on Cedar Rapids RoughRiders now. I haven't paid attention to the USHL training camps, but not sure it is a good look that he was pretty much traded away from one of the worst teams in the USHL.

RoughRiders add goaltender

He was pretty bad in the preseason while Vyletelka was pretty damn good. Mucitelli pretty much had a spot secured after last season's play. On the brightside, Mullahy isn't a shoe in for being a starter and was terrible in the preseason. Shamkov is going to get some games and a chance to win the job.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bummed that I won't see him play here. But I've no idea what to expect from the Stars after last year's disaster, so maybe it's for the best since last year's goalies were pretty much under siege.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I can already hear his teamates calling him ShamSham after his first shutout for the Avs. :nod:

Edit: Forget that, last name Shmakov not Shamkov. Thread title is wrong.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ich bin ein Berliner

giphy.gif

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I can already hear his teamates calling him ShamSham after his first shutout for the Avs. :nod:

Edit: Forget that, last name Shmakov not Shamkov. Thread title is wrong.

Personally, I can't wait until he makes a save with his stick or blocker, and the play-caller says "He Shmacks the puck right out of the air!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad