TV: Shameless

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So now Ian & Mickey and Kev & Veronica are suddenly finding new homes and/or reasons for moving. Things that probably should've began happening last season already.

Gallagher house is definitely blowing up. I just wonder if someone had it insured...

Damn it, I just figured out how they'll end it. Of course Fiona had it insured, Frank finds out, blows up the house (which has numerous gas leaks) with himself inside it, the kids get the insurance money.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Debbie might be the most unlikable character on television. And.....I feel like she's not supposed to be.

They should've expanded her mother issues earlier. It was obvious when Monica returned that she was a momma's girl. She's also incapable of living alone despite almost taking care of her siblings when Fiona left.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
They should've expanded her mother issues earlier. It was obvious when Monica returned that she was a momma's girl. She's also incapable of living alone despite almost taking care of her siblings when Fiona left.
Fiona was the oldest taking care of the youngest. Debbie is now one of the youngest trying to fill the role of taking care of everyone. It doesn't suit her.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Shameless hasn't really known what to do since Emmy Rossum left, and really, hasn't know what to do since all the kids aged.

At its best, it was a show about people who loved each other and had a common enemy - whether it be Frank or the gas company or the school board, the Gallaghers uniting for face a common goal was at the core of the show even as they went off on their individual misadventures.

The show is nowhere near that, now, so it's hard to get too amped up about the series finale because what are the stakes? I assume Frank dies, but, so what? He's been off on his own for years, and little to nothing has been done the last few years to explore how the relationship these people have with Frank. I mean, even Mickey, who's relationship with his Dad was almost farcical got more time for introspection and the reality of "family" this season then any of the Gallaghers have.

Reactions: McOilers97

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Series finale, tonight. Not expecting much in terms of giving the characters a proper goodbye or sense of where they're heading in their lives. Would love if Rossum showed up, but doubt it happens. COVID may have killed any chance of that. Would be cool if she bought the Alibi though, it kind of fits with the character and would be a decent excuse to bring her back (I suppose she could be part of a vision Frank has as well, but as I said, I'm not expecting an appearance).

It really is disappointing how they handled the last season - and the end of S10 really. Most shows lose steam this long into their run, but losing steam is no excuse for how terribly and incoherently they've written Debbie and Lip, in particular. One has been portrayed as selfish and terrible for years, and now we're supposed to see them as a victim of neglect, and the other is the alcoholic genius whose fall off the wagon seems to have had the relevance of the closing credit clips they do. Also, while I can definitely see a world where despite his brilliance Lip can't get ahead and stays stuck in life, they shouldn't have him acting so completely dense while doing so.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I was partially pleased and partially not with the finale. Frank got the right sendoff. I think more could've been done with the others. Frank excluding Fiona from his letter was weird. I was "afraid" Emma Kenney would join Emmy Rossum in the "topless club" in the finale because we literally saw her grow up during the show, but thankfully no. Although it's likely she'll do it on her social media since a simple google search for her name came up with her reddit thread... :laugh:

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The Frank stuff was good last night, and probably could have happened way earlier. His relevance to the rest of the characters has been pretty minimal as the others aged.

I don't mean to shit on the show too much. I enjoyed it a lot over the years, but some of the plot holes this season were pretty unforgivable. LITERALLY in the last episode, Carl sees his pregnant ex......and there's no follow up. Lip relapses in the S10 finale and earlier this season.......and there's no follow-up.

Apparently Rossum did want to come back, but living in NYC, with the COVID protocols and her own commitments, it made it impossible, which, fine, but still...Fiona's existence, especially as it relates to who owns the house/is Liam's guardian, can't just be blindly ignored.

Anyways, the finale was,..fine. There was nothing they could really do to get the show back on track in its last episode. Mickey's stuff was great. Probably the best character in the last season in terms of staying true to the show by being funny, but also really addressing the idea of a character arc as he doesn't know how to deal with moving/domestic life/possibly being a Dad.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wasn't a bad finale I guess. The last scene with the car burning, that was the opening credits on the UK show for anyone that didn't watch that, I thought that was kind of cool as the UK show was good too.

When they were selling the house and said it was a female buying up the houses I thought for sure it would be Fiona as the one behind it, maybe it would have been if not for covid since they tried to get her on the show but couldn't work it out due to covid.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The Frank stuff was good last night, and probably could have happened way earlier. His relevance to the rest of the characters has been pretty minimal as the others aged.

I don't mean to shit on the show too much. I enjoyed it a lot over the years, but some of the plot holes this season were pretty unforgivable. LITERALLY in the last episode, Carl sees his pregnant ex......and there's no follow up. Lip relapses in the S10 finale and earlier this season.......and there's no follow-up.

Apparently Rossum did want to come back, but living in NYC, with the COVID protocols and her own commitments, it made it impossible, which, fine, but still...Fiona's existence, especially as it relates to who owns the house/is Liam's guardian, can't just be blindly ignored.

Anyways, the finale was,..fine. There was nothing they could really do to get the show back on track in its last episode. Mickey's stuff was great. Probably the best character in the last season in terms of staying true to the show by being funny, but also really addressing the idea of a character arc as he doesn't know how to deal with moving/domestic life/possibly being a Dad.

She promoted the finale on twitter which does lean into this.

Maybe they can do a tv movie some years down the line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad