TV: Shameless

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
It was good, but they've done better in the past.

I fear they are running out of ideas.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I love the show but the Debbie scenes were rough to get through. Also I liked when they did horrible things in the context of the story. Not just for the shock value.

Kev's pink elephant:laugh:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Episode was alright. Shouldn't just have skipped Lip's treatment though. Great potential actually.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Second episode was better imo. Very few scenes with Debbie I had to forward through, lets hope that she doesn't get any more screen time than this.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Anyone else hoping Debs gets murdered by a mom?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
You bet. Boy, she always gets away with it...

Episode was entertaining, but not that much going on yet. Kev was great again, Carl's + Lip's plot still okay, but moving along slowly.
Ian's may move on faster now though, after breaking up with that guy though. More of a problem that I keep losing interest in Frank's never ending ********.
And Fiona's Tinder-Story - even if short - felt forced. Guess Liam is playing an increasingly bigger role though.

Hope it gets better as the season goes on. We all know what this series is capable of when being at a high.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
IMO, we need a new (or returning) character. Returning character could be Karen and/or Mandy. A new character could be a cousin or something. Not someone lame like Chuckie, someone interesting. Different than the rest of the Gallaghers, but enough like them to fit in and maybe be a permanent addition. Feels like the Gallaghers we have are in a bit of a rut, and are a bit predictable.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Agreed, a new character as described could revive the series a bit and bring new dynamics into it.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Yeah I watched the first two episodes. Didn't hate them, didn't love them. It's very just going through the motions in terms of the people. Carl's story is the only one that makes me laugh right now :laugh: Debbie's story... into the trash. Fiona, meh. Lip and Ian "helping" out Carl was pretty good, it feels like it's been a long time since Lip and Ian have been involved in a storyline together. I feel like when they were younger they teamed up for more things. I miss that.

Lip's storyline right now sucks but it's the reality of what has happened with him. I just thought he was going to be the one to break through the Gallagher mold, but I guess that won't ever happen as that would go against the nature of the show. Expecting some hard relapsing at some point in this season.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Lip's storyline right now sucks but it's the reality of what has happened with him. I just thought he was going to be the one to break through the Gallagher mold, but I guess that won't ever happen as that would go against the nature of the show. Expecting some hard relapsing at some point in this season.

Nailed it.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Nailed it.

Some shows the lack of character development works, like Seinfeld for instance. With this show, I was hoping for at least a little bit of redemption in characters before the series ends. But I can see that likely not being the case. I assume when the show ends we'll expect the worst for everyone.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
No comments on the latest episode yet? Still some room for improvement, but liked this episode though.

Fiona's consequent decision on rent paid by her siblings will benefit the series as the plot is going forward.
Opportunity to get some new interesting sub-plots going.

On another note(s): Carl getting the satisfaction to punish that gal with the weapon that was pointed at him for some time.

Ian being faced with a new mental challenge, authentic in regard of how well his professional career went lately. Appreciating Lip's role of motivating his brother again. His "advantage" that his attempts to talk to Ian are eased a lot by having faced several problems himself (drinking problem, college dropout).

Frank's "new" family and the homeless that he brought along is a chance to build up some tension yet again.
Can't complain about this, still the opinion that his time is up though.

That Russian may provide high potential to bring some dynamics for Kev & V in as well.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I am still wondering how Ian still has a job. That seemed like a serious almost fatal mistake.

I love Frank's new family.

Fiona deciding to take charge of her life is good to see, however long that lasts.

I think this might be the first time in the show where all the Gallagher kids are single which is probably by design and I am thinking it has to do with Fiona's new budget plan.

Also I love Kev, V and Svetlana. The van looks amazing. :laugh:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It's a shame that Debbie got off so easy. Would've been nice if she'd been locked away for a while.

Liked that Fiona wants to get her act together. Hopefully she can get that restaurant running better. Gonna have to get the online hookups under control, too.

I can't see Lip making it in that gaming company. They'll use and abuse him, but he's not their kind of people.

Frank's new family is kinda funny. Worst possible replacement for Fiona, though.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
I thought Lip was going to come in and turn off the Game Console lol

I think there is more to the Ian and his now Ex storyline. Seemed kind of odd how that whole storyline transitioned.

Carl is my favorite character hands down. So much satisfaction for him telling her dad :laugh:

Kev, V, and Svitlana are awesome. What a life Kev must have haha.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I thought Lip was going to come in and turn off the Game Console lol

I think there is more to the Ian and his now Ex storyline. Seemed kind of odd how that whole storyline transitioned.

Carl is my favorite character hands down. So much satisfaction for him telling her dad :laugh:

Kev, V, and Svitlana are awesome. What a life Kev must have haha.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
I mean, it was payback -- both to her and the father (and the college guy) -- but it was also snitching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad