Post-Game Talk: Shameful Leafs lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I imagine they mean keep being the better team and outplaying the opposition, and hope that their goalie can come remotely close to the goalie on the other side, like he has shown to be capable of.

The goalie is an easy excuse for fans of a team that regularly plays 10-20 minutes of a 60 minute game and I’m done with it.

Reactions: seventieslord

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The goalie is an easy excuse for fans of a team that regularly plays 10-20 minutes of a 60 minute game and I’m done with it.
We played a lot more than 10-20 minutes in both of the first two games. That would actually more-so describe Florida. Goalie is factually the difference so far, not an excuse.

Reactions: Gallagbi

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
We played a lot more than 10-20 minutes in both of the first two games. That would actually more-so describe Florida. Goalie is factually the difference so far, not an excuse.

Yes, every series they have played for decades somehow Torontos goalie can’t rise to the occasion but the opposition “goalies” us… not buying it.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Yes, every series they have played for decades somehow Torontos goalie can’t rise to the occasion but the opposition “goalies” us… not buying it.
We've had series where we've done well against goalies, so not sure what you're talking about. Heck, Vasilevsky went -3.1 GSAx literally one series ago.
And the goalies that have done well against us are some of the best goalies in the game, that have done well against a lot more teams than just us in those runs.
And we've historically been a good converting team year after year. So I'm not really buying the justification that there's something wrong with our conversion ability.

We'll see how this series ends. Not over yet. It's really undeniable that Bobrvosky has been great through the first 2 games, but he's also been really lucky. We've hit 4 posts in those 2 games, and that doesn't even count the couple he's fluked out with the knob of his stick.

Samsonov showed he can rise to the occasion in game 6 just last series. Need another performance like that out of him.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
f*** man you just know this dude has paragraphs upon paragraphs pre-written about how if the Leafs lose this series it's going to be TOTALLY OK cause they got goalie'd
Weird statement, considering I've never said that it's "totally ok" to get "goalie'd". I just prefer to look at what actually happens, avoid false narratives, and discuss realistic solutions instead of emotionally-driven scapegoats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad