Prospect Info: Shakir Mukhamadullin (#20 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
DWFN.gif

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Good to see but I was a bit surprised to see him playing in this tournament. In looking at the rosters it seemed like the countries were using a lot of their second tier prospects (though I think Topias Vilen is playing for Finland).

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Good to see but I was a bit surprised to see him playing in this tournament. In looking at the rosters it seemed like the countries were using a lot of their second tier prospects (though I think Topias Vilen is playing for Finland).
It less that countries are just picking 2nd tier prospects to send and more that there aren’t any players who have played in NA (I’m pretty sure that’s a rule) and it also seems like no one w/ an NHL ELC plays in the U20 Four Nation tournament either (but I may be wrong there).

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Shak looking competent at the top of the umbrella there. Moved the D around twice to open up lanes.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Heyyyy, I was a Shak fan before it was cool… I’m talking OG Orlando Shaq. Big, plays defense and is good for the every once in a while alley oop… same guy, right?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Prove me wrong, mookie. I'm here for it.

Great start to his career post draft outside of the injury

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Shak looking competent at the top of the umbrella there. Moved the D around twice to open up lanes.

Little fake slap move to his forehand and make a play from there. Pretty smooth on his edges.

Scouting report says he has a big slap shot. Which is a good thing in itself, but if he has the poise and play making ability to improvise as the defense dictates, that's very encouraging.

Can't really tell by that first clip, but given his size, if he can get some velocity on that little wrist shot, that's a weapon too.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Little fake slap move to his forehand and make a play from there. Pretty smooth on his edges.

Scouting report says he has a big slap shot. Which is a good thing in itself, but if he has the poise and play making ability to improvise as the defense dictates, that's very encouraging.

Can't really tell by that first clip, but given his size, if he can get some velocity on that little wrist shot, that's a weapon too.
I loved that fake slap shot play. It was a double fake. Fake Slaper to fake driving left to perfect pass against the grain.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m very pumped to see him pay so well . The kid was wrongfully crapped on after we drafted him and calling him a bust , can’t play defence , makes constant incorrect reads etc etc . Glad to shut some of those people up. I thought he looked very good at last years WJC .

Reactions: My3Sons

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
And so many who refused to budge on it either.

I feel like he has played very solid since we drafted him, primarily in a men's league that kids his age don't usually get regular shifts in.

This d-bag was the worst. It’s okay to not like a pick, but he would criticize Shak even when he was playing well during the WJC. I think he deleted some tweets because he got pushback lol.

Reactions: HBK27

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I never understood the dislike for the Devils late first round draft strategy. “Fans want an upside guy” but not that one?! :huh:

Oh I get it: What they meant is a “Highly” ranked upside guy…If media scouts were actually good at their jobs, they would be getting paid better.

With Bratt and Goalvich, the Devils can do whatever the Funk they want as far as I’m concerned.

I hate to say it but there is still a strong bias against Russians in the hockey world. “Hey Guys”, the Cold War, it’s been over for about 40 years.

Muk had a great combination of skill/size/skating, he broke records for rookie scoring as a defenseman in the KHL, he was featured in multiple tournaments, which he played well in and was still crapped on. Makes me mad.

Reactions: Guadana

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I never understood the dislike for the Devils late first round draft strategy. “Fans want an upside guy” but not that one?! :huh:

Oh I get it: What they meant is a “Highly” ranked upside guy…If media scouts were actually good at their jobs, they would be getting paid better.

With Bratt and Goalvich, the Devils can do whatever the Funk they want as far as I’m concerned.

I hate to say it but there is still a strong bias against Russians in the hockey world. “Hey Guys”, the Cold War, it’s been over for about 40 years.

Muk had a great combination of skill/size/skating, he broke records for rookie scoring as a defenseman in the KHL, he was featured in multiple tournaments, which he played well in and was still crapped on. Makes me mad.
I think media scouts are all right. But why not have faith in Castron and our scouts? It's as if having a different opinion then media scouts means our guys are wrong.

Not to mention Shak had a decent track record and good physical attributes. That one looked to me like a good prospect that was flying under the radar, likely because he was in Russia.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Perhaps the “risk” of the player staying in the KHL has something to do with not perceiving Shak as a good pick to be used at that position in the draft relative to his skill set ? I completely disagree with that but I’m just trying to come up with ideas why people crap on the Devils taking him where they did ?
I know he was seen as a little of a reach but was it warranted to be seen as that much of a reach based off of ability alone. If he was the same player but his name was Frenchie LaRue from Quebec , would he have been crapped on as much as he has been ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad