Prospect Info: Shakir Mukhamadullin (#20 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Holy #@$# you're so right. If I hear one more Gelinas comparison I think there's going to be a permanent imprint of my head in my wall.

Devils fans #1 flaw is the lazy propensity to compare players to "the closest Devil who comes to mind". Mukhamadullin to Gelinas? Um, I think the comparison starts at "they both have a great shot" and ends at "they both have a great shot". I just saw someone compare Holtz to Palmieri, for crying out loud. I saw someone last week compare Dawson Mercer to Blake Coleman. I swear I want to pull my hair out when I see this.

I'm glad to see that your missive about hair pulling led to much better and more reasoned comparisons. At least I refrained from comparing Mukhamadullin to Lovejoy.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
He's actually like Vladimir Malakhov and Anton Volchenkov because they are all Russian.

The funny thing is when I watch him play I see some similarities to Malakhov (not the obvious Russian connection). The long lanky frame and some of the awkwardness of his game gave me flashbacks.

Reactions: Triumph and Oneiro

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
He's like Sergei Federov, a Russian forward that was converted to a defenseman.

Edit: I have never once spelled Fedorov's name correctly, but at least I didn't call him Dan Blackburn.

Drives me f***ing nuts when people misspell Jumbo's name. "Thorton"

Lazy.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think you've compared ex-girlfriends to Lovejoy.

Oh please. Like everyone hasn’t done that when they think of lost love.

Edit: recall the words of Tennyson “‘Tis better to have Lovejoyed and lost than to never have dropped the puck”. And here I thought you were literate.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Hard for me to imagine how anyone could watch an 18 year old Mukhamadullin play in that tournament and come away less than thrilled. No, he didn't play mistake free hockey, but I think that we saw that those criticisms that he can't think the game, makes bad reads, and doesn't know how to play the position are absolutely absurd. The guy is very intelligent, makes the little plays that get the puck out of the zone under control, skates well, defends well, and his passing game is excellent.

I bet we see him come back to the team as captain next year, and I think he will be even more impressive with more size and more experience.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hard for me to imagine how anyone could watch an 18 year old Mukhamadullin play in that tournament and come away less than thrilled. No, he didn't play mistake free hockey, but I think that we saw that those criticisms that he can't think the game, makes bad reads, and doesn't know how to play the position are absolutely absurd. The guy is very intelligent, makes the little plays that get the puck out of the zone under control, skates well, defends well, and his passing game is excellent.

I bet we see him come back to the team as captain next year, and I think he will be even more impressive with more size and more experience.
Stay off twitter then haha I'm not sure why so called "prospect guys" refuse to admit they may have been wrong. Instead they double down, making shit up.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
You know the kid is doing something right when his thread in the Prospects forum hasn't been bumped in a while. His haters have been silenced.

I’ll watch a whole game and think he played really well and someone will post in that thread “well he was horrible as normal” with nothing additional.

I think it’s only the multiple of games where he’s been pretty good that is getting them to quiet down as more and more neutral observers start to go “what’s wrong with you guys?” to the ardent detractors.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Muk seems like the forward-looking idea of, "if I knew he'd be that good, I would have taken him in the first round" that people say when they look back at picks like Elias, Benn, Parayko, etc.

To me, watching Muk on a day to day basis is not worthwhile. His points in the KHL are almost a red herring. IMO, we're better of checking in every few months at best (or maybe just at the beginning and end of a season) to see how he's progressed. I'm speaking for people like me who really aren't skilled at prospect evaluation - prospect watchers like Guadana, STI, Jason, etc. are a different case entirely.

Muk seems like he has a lot of work ahead of him to realize his potential, but everything I hear is that his potential is huge. I hope he's got either the internal drive or the right people around him to help him keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad