Prospect Info: Shakir Mukhamadullin (#20 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Shakir Mukhamadullin, defender of HC Salavat Yulaev: - I am very pleased with the club that chose me! New Jersey is one of the best organizations and teams in the league. I am happy to be part of their family!
- Did you follow the draft?
- Woke up early in the morning before the draft. I followed every pick, I am very happy for all Russian players, and especially for Rodion Amirov. I was very worried. To be honest, I didn’t expect to be chosen under the 20th number, my heart beat very quickly. I was delighted and realized that in a couple of hours I was already for training (smiles).
- Whose congratulations were the first?
- Since the draft took place in Canada, the broadcast was a little late. Simultaneously with the words that I was drafted, agents from Canada called and congratulated, and then relatives and friends.
- What will change for you now?
- I think that there will be an incentive to train even more and work on yourself. And so now all forces and thoughts are directed to the current season, the goal is the Gagarin Cup!

This is the google translated version of the interview on his KHL club's site Шакир Мухамадуллин: «Не ожидал, что выберут под 20-м номером» - Новости - ХК Салават Юлаев

It's encouraging to see he's so excited. Gives me hope he's interested in coming over sooner rather than later, even if he's in the AHL for a while.

Reactions: glenwo2

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
One weakness the Devils organization posseses is the lack of RHD, Smith can't be switched to play the left side due to a holes currently. We have plenty of defensmen to fill that void as early as late this year with Bahl.

LHD
Bahl
Smith (plays offside)
Mukhamadullin
Okhotyuk
Misyul
Vukojevic
Edwards

RHD
Walsh
McCarthy

Reactions: Nubmer6

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Shakir Mukhamadullin, defender of HC Salavat Yulaev: - I am very pleased with the club that chose me! New Jersey is one of the best organizations and teams in the league. I am happy to be part of their family!
- Did you follow the draft?
- Woke up early in the morning before the draft. I followed every pick, I am very happy for all Russian players, and especially for Rodion Amirov. I was very worried. To be honest, I didn’t expect to be chosen under the 20th number, my heart beat very quickly. I was delighted and realized that in a couple of hours I was already for training (smiles).
- Whose congratulations were the first?
- Since the draft took place in Canada, the broadcast was a little late. Simultaneously with the words that I was drafted, agents from Canada called and congratulated, and then relatives and friends.
- What will change for you now?
- I think that there will be an incentive to train even more and work on yourself. And so now all forces and thoughts are directed to the current season, the goal is the Gagarin Cup!

This is the google translated version of the interview on his KHL club's site Шакир Мухамадуллин: «Не ожидал, что выберут под 20-м номером» - Новости - ХК Салават Юлаев

How does @R8Devs always dig up the most incredible stuff? The guy is amazing.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
How does @R8Devs always dig up the most incredible stuff? The guy is amazing.

HE MAKES THOSE QUOTES UP :rolleyes:

R8Devs : "Nubmer6 is the greatest poster of all-time!"

I see nothing untrue about that. :sarcasm:

But anyway, I'm happy that Shak-attack is happy to be a Devil.

Hope he focuses now on improving himself as an overall hockey player so that one day he will be playing for the Devils on Opening night.

R8Devs forgot a few quotes from the interview...

“I break you” and

“if he dies, he dies”

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
R8Devs : "Nubmer6 is the greatest poster of all-time!"

I see nothing untrue about that. :sarcasm:

But anyway, I'm happy that Shak-attack is happy to be a Devil.

Hope he focuses now on improving himself as an overall hockey player so that one day he will be playing for the Devils on Opening night.

I'm partial to @glenwo2 so long as he's not dissing Jake Sanderson.

Reactions: My3Sons and glenwo2

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
EkX6O18XgAA2ZJW

Salavat Yulaev head coach Lämsä shares his thoughts on pick Shakir Mukhamadullin

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He now has the 2nd most points in a season ever by a U19 defenseman in the KHL with 8, 1 off the record of 9 in 29 fewer games.

Reactions: glenwo2

hot donut

Oct 7, 2020
Nice words from Lämsä. I've watched many of Ufa's games this season for Amirov, and have caught some Mukhamadullin on the side. His defensive play needs improvement but, as many have said, there are positives too that could hopefully be cultivated into something more. I think that patience is the most important thing right now.

For the kid's own sake, though, I hope he doesn't search his name on Twitter.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
My entire problem with that eliteprospects overview was never that the comments were inaccurate about his performance in some games in that tournament, it's that a prospect analysis was solely based on a few games in a tournament. It doesn't really matter how warranted the comments were based on his performance, content like that has no business being the sum total of an analysis for a prospect in what is supposed to be a respected article.
The final kicker: Elite Prospects put up it’s EPRinkside.com Scout’s Roundtable: Our Least Favorite Picks of the Draft and I was braced for it and... he wasn’t listed.

Nope. Jack Quinn at 8, Lukas Reichel at 17, Yegor Chinakov at 21 and Justin Barron at 25 but no Mr Worst Single Game Performance.

There are no Devils picks on the list.

Scout’s Roundtable: EliteProspects’ Least Favourite Picks From...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad