SHA Prospect Draft - Begins Thursday August 5th!

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Guys, when making AHL lineups please use cap geek. Not all AHL players are signed to an NHL team.

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
***FYI***

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AS IT IS IMPORTANT TO YOUR TEAMS

This is regarding farm teams and prospects.

Some people have included their recently drafted prospects onto their farm teams. A couple of instructions and cautions when doing this.

A player can only be signed onto your roster (farm or pro roster) and into the sim if they have an STHS rating. Players get ratings based on their real life statistics from their last year in PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY. Players who played only in junior last season will NOT have a rating. These player CANNOT be signed into the sim as they do not have a rating yet. Please ensure that your player has an STHS rating before including them onto your farm roster.

I know a lot of you are new to simulated hockey, so please read this caution carefully and if you have further questions do not hesitate to ask. The initial ratings we are using right now for ALL of our players is based solely on their real life production from the season that just passed in either the NHL or AHL. Now that these players are on your team their real life statistics no longer mean anything with regards to the sim. Their ratings are re-rated based upon their production within the sim.

For your prospects, this is of importance, because if you sign a prospect who has only played one year of professional hockey with mediocre stats from that year, then they will enter the sim with a mediocre rating. The chances of this rating improving much at all within the sim is very slim because their re-rates are based upon their production in the sim. If they have mediocre ratings, they will likely put up mediocre stats, thus their re-rate wont be significant. This is why I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all members in the league to be very patient with your prospects. Sign them into the sim when they have a breakout year in real life. This will mean they will have a very good rating in the sim, and they will have a better chance a good re-rates in the sim based upon their stats from the sim.

For instance, I have PK Subban as one of my prospects. He played professional hockey last season and therefore has a rating from the STHS. His rating is decent, but I am positive that he is capable of having a much greater impact in real life then he already has. For that reason I WILL NOT be signing him into the sim, and I will be patient with him until he has a really solid season in real life. Once that happens, I will then make the decision to sign him into the sim at the best ratings I possibly can.

So prospects and players in the sim are rated differently.

Your prospects are rated based on what they do in real life.

Guys that are now on your pro roster and signed into the sim, it no longer matters what they do in real life, that will have absolutely no barring on their ratings. Their ratings will only be re-rated based upon their production in the sim.

This is an important difference that everyone needs to understand.

I hope this is clear enough for all. Like I said, if there's any questions please ask.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Hey Amp, you should rate each team's drafting. Like how well they drafted at their position, and how their picks helped the weaknesses of their team.

Derian Hatcher

Jun 30, 2010
Ottawa
Hey guys!

Thanks to IRmitchell for picking for me while I was gone

with my 3 missed picks
the Ottawa Senators select

Zack Smith
zack+smith.jpg

Mike Hoffman
hoffman_mike_courtesy_381.jpg

Brandon Yip
brandon_yip.jpg

Marf

Dec 22, 2007
thanks man!
I had a lot of work to do this weekend and couldn't draft , but I am happy with irmitchells picks. I am back now though and ready to party!

who has the McKegg?

I wanna say Mitch has him but I could be way off.

johnnydollaz89*

i also want Sergei Shirokov protected and with my 4 missed picks the :nucks select Cristian Thomas, Yuri Alexdrov, Colby Cohen and Kirill Petrov

IrMitchell*

Okay, sorry I haven't been here much lately.

I've been really busy and have also been getting everything set up for the website.

Hopefully it'll be up soon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad