SHA Prospect Draft - Begins Thursday August 5th!

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

EDIT FOR THE THIRD FREAKING TIME

Schremp was too old
Demers is already on a team (So was Schremp, actually)

SO, let's go with a NO conflict pick

I select Thomas Greiss (And yes, he checks out this time!)

greiss_t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
Ah, Sheahan was up there on my "steals" list. But late round, I decided to go for a defenseman that could eventually(hopefully) fill a need.

Ya, once Goncharov was gone it made my decision much easier to take Sheahan. Being in Detroit's system is a bonus.

You really can't go wrong with Voynov though. He's a strong prospect, especially to land him in the final round of the draft!

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Haha, it seemed like a lot of people were just going with prospects off the top of their head. That's why there's still this type of talent on the board.

KesselLooksLikeRadar, why do I feel like that's the reason you drafted Schremp....

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Haha, it seemed like a lot of people were just going with prospects off the top of their head. That's why there's still this type of talent on the board.

PFF! Who cares about how well I draft? I have dropped 30% of my originally drafted team ALREADY! I know people refer to me, and I regret one pick, but I may just drop him.

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto

KesselLooksLikeRadar, why do I feel like that's the reason you drafted Schremp....

lol ya, I don't know if many people really took time to think about who they were drafting. There's still so many solid options available! There's a few guys that I'm shocked haven't been drafted, and a whole bunch I was shocked that were lol

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Pulling out the guns, hmm? Well, two reasons.

One, he's more of a "Finished product" and two, he's the only one who I can sign into the sim right away and probably get the best production out of him.

Wait a second... He played 45 NHL games and it's after the age of 24... Doesn't that NOT make him a prospect? Can someone get the link on that? I'm actually working on it

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Actually, while he might be listed, I think that he is no longer a prospect since he played 45 games... Is it alright if I change the pick just so I'm not left behind in case I'm wrong?

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
Pulling out the guns, hmm? Well, two reasons.

One, he's more of a "Finished product" and two, he's the only one who I can sign into the sim right away and probably get the best production out of him.

Wait a second... He played 45 NHL games and it's after the age of 24... Doesn't that NOT make him a prospect? Can someone get the link on that? I'm actually working on it

He couldn't make it out of the AHL until last season, which is why he's probably still listed as a prospect. He wont be on the list for much longer. I figure once HF gets around to updating things (maybe at the start of the season) he will be taken down from their prospect list.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

He couldn't make it out of the AHL until last season, which is why he's probably still listed as a prospect. He wont be on the list for much longer. I figure once HF gets around to updating things (maybe at the start of the season) he will be taken down from their prospect list.

I thought so... Damn, should have thought of that... Could I re-pick quickly?

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
With the last pick in the SHA prospect draft, the Schwimmer Jackets select Jason Demers (Yes, he was high on the list... Plus, I like me some defense... I still like Schremp as a prospect in the sim, more so than Demers)

300px-JasonDemers1.jpg

NOTE: I changed the pick since I was positive that once a player at or over the age of 24 who has played in 45 games is no longer a prospect

So I guess Ottawa will have to select another bottom pairing Dman on his pro roster

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

So I guess Ottawa will have to select another bottom pairing Dman on his pro roster

Wait... WAIT! Ugh, I don't really want to screw him over... Jesus, I might have to repick AGAIN since he's already on a roster

IrMitchell*

Sorry, I was out.

Toronto Maple Leafs select, Marcel Mueller and Greg McKegg..
mueller_marcel_big_381.jpg

McKegger.jpg

And this because it's classic.
ey3dp.jpg

IrMitchell*

Do you think we should have an extra's draft? I got the feeling you meant no, but I just want to know for sure

We're not going to have a draft but 2-3 players will be added to each team as reserves/extras/bench players.. This way injuries won't hurt your team too much. Also remember you have a full AHL roster that can make the jump to your NHL team at any time.
*The AHL roster will be the same as your teams actual farm roster.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

We're not going to have a draft but 2-3 players will be added to each team as reserves/extras/bench players.. This way injuries won't hurt your team too much. Also remember you have a full AHL roster that can make the jump to your NHL team at any time.
*The AHL roster will be the same as your teams actual farm roster.

Once that is employed, can we not have equal value trades?

In other words, can we pull off a 2 for 3 trade?

diego1001

Apr 6, 2010
Lima, Peru
Once that is employed, can we not have equal value trades?

In other words, can we pull off a 2 for 3 trade?

yes please, i didnt really like that rule (after the main draft that is)

also, when is the web page gonna be up (no hurry, just wondering)? and when are we starting the season? same time as the NHL season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad